Seeing a cancer doctor in the next few weeks......

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have recently lost a lot of unintentional weight... close to 40 pounds... but I stopped losing and maintained for a couple weeks now...  Not sure what to think about it

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Have you been diagnosed of having cancer or going to get diagnosed?
    • Posted

No I  have not been diagnosed with cancer.  My doctor is concerned about the 40 pounds lost weight and wants me to go see a cancer doctor.  I'm really scared about that.  But the thing is is that I have maintained an even gained a couple of pounds since hitting the 40 pound mark.  If it was cancer would I stop losing weight or would it continue?

• Posted

Then why be referred too a cancer doctor if you lost weight that does not you have cancer though. That's what I am saying

• Posted

I think its because of the long history of smoking and the fact that I lost 40 pounds in 2 months
    • Posted

Just keep thinking positive and praying and hopefully it is not cancer it will be ok.
    • Posted

Thank you Patty... that's all I really can do at this point.  I'm hoping for the best for sure

• Posted

in any case, do not be afraid. you must first get an accurate diagnosis and then decide what to do. I know many people with cancer diagnosis and they are all in remission for a long time
    • Posted

That's encouraging but easier said than done...lol.... I'm scared s**tless

• Posted

that's encouraging but easier said than done..... its got me pretty scared.... scared silly

• Posted

You can not be afraid, fear will only hurt. I know one person with a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer of the fourth stage and he is now healthy. he did not become frightened of the diagnosis but decided to defeat his illness and did it in a very short time (three months)
    • Posted

Yeah I know that fear is not good for me.  And I'm glad that your friend was able to survive such a thing.  That's awesome.  I'm praying that I will be ok and thanks fro your words of encouragement

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.