Seeing black blob

Posted , 5 users are following.

when i turn my eyes realy fast to the side and turn my head i see this black blob but after a Second it goes away ive never noticed this before

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Please make an appointment to see an Ophthalmologist pronto. Don't delay. It might be nothing, but my "black blob" which was clearly in the line of my vision field was a detached retina. You want to catch these things as soon as possible. Good luck and do keep us posted!

• Posted

I strongly agree.

In my case it was a retinal tear. Itwas repaired by laser treatment.

Also, I found that the damage was only visible for a brief moment. My conjecture was that the brain used other parts of the image to make a 'patch' so all seemed well.

• Posted

its in both my eyes in like in the corner if i turn mt eyes and keep them turned amd turn my head fast i see black

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.