Seeing double visual disturbance

Posted , 7 users are following.

Does anyone else experience visual disturbances with their and anxiety? Like eye floaters, blurry vision, clouded vision, eye strain, seeing double sometimes it's hard to explain it's not properly seeing double it's like looking at an object on a bright wall I see a shadow of it it's weird, does anyone else experience this cus it's starting to worry me 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I get blurred vision and also if I look at s photo frame on a wall then look at another wall I can see the outline still 
  • Posted

Omg this happend to me earlya I was sitting in the car I fort my vision was going I was feeling sick and dissy  heart palpitations  but I really fort my eyes cudnt see lol 
  • Posted

i wouldn't worry about it, i experience the same thing, sometimes im reading it looks like some of the words are melting, or when i'm trying to sleep it's like the darkness with my eyes closed is like waves of light across my vision. i don't know, it's weird 
  • Posted

Hi Rachel, ye I get blurred vision quite a lot, I dont get the shadows but if I look at 1 wall then another its like the walls falling down, is there no end 2 this anxiety malarkey xx
  • Posted

I think some of these things are normal even for people without anxiety, but when you have health anxiety it can become threatening and all consuming... And then it seems the more you worry, the worse it becomes! My eyes play tricks on me and i was convinced i was having a stroke! I have suffered for 18 months and a therapist has helped me to see that i haven't had a stroke in all that time so it can hardly be a sign of an immenent one after all of this time...its shocking how many physical symptoms you can get!
  • Posted

hi my vision was affected for weeks + told doc -got them checked but it was my anxiety all along.Watching tv was hard + subtitles were really hard (didn't sleep so watch tv in bed while wife is asleep),very hard to see pc monitor aswell.Now after 5 weeks on meds vision is ok-it will be anxiety

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.