Seeing "stars" and floaters when looking at the sky

Posted , 5 users are following.

History: Around early April 2019, I vomited but when I did I didn't close my eyelids. The force caused me to see stars. After that, I noticed a lot of floaters and also saw stars whenever I looked at bright lights, which would be most visible when I look up at the sky. I saw the symptoms online and thought it was a retinal tear. So I went to my local optometrist and they did an exam and suggested that my eyes were healthy with no tear.

However, to this day I still see stars (I can definitely distinguish floaters from seeing stars as it looks like small tiny strokes of fleeting shiny lines... almost like numerous shooting stars) whenever I look at really bright lights or look up to the sky.

Fast forward to this January, I had my annual eye appointment and I didn't mention anything about my eye troubles since the first optometrist said I was okay. Again, my annual eye exam went fine and there were no issues found. But, I still see the stars to this day. I don't know if this is all in my head and its all psychological, or if there's actually a brain/eye issue?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.