Seeing the doc tomorrow don't know what to suggest....

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi people

i wrote on this page a couple of weeks ago questioning the menopause or depression

I display menopause symptoms but may FSH & Lh have come back satisfactory.......I feel rough but my bloods say not ? 

surely depression can't make your brain fussy or slight constant the threat of thrush type symptoms for example.....usually excercise no problem but can't get my bum out the door!?

i don't want to go back on antidepressants now I'm off them finally 

any ideas would be welcome......feel a bit lost as to what to do or suggest to my doctor tomorrow....don't want to waste his time.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

It's a very confusing time. I've been told the same, that my symptoms are not menopause related and that my blood levels are normal, but I am missing periods and ache all over. How old are you?
    • Posted

I've just turned 50.

id been on amotrypline for 7 years during my late husbands illness which helped me to sleep keep myself together and control my IBS

The IBS got worse but turned out to be coeliac disease.Now I'm on the diet I'm fine.

anyway to cut a long story short I decided to stop the antidepressants as I felt I didn't need them anymore and the joint pain fatigue etc started

how can 1 doc say menopause and the other fibromyalgia ?

hows yours begin ?   

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.