Seeing tiny bright moving dots, are they eye flashes or?

Posted , 4 users are following.

For a few days now, I have noticed a new symptom to my floaters/flashes.

I have been to the eye doctor exactly 12 days ago, no signs of tears or detachment was noticed during retinal exam.

What I am seeing now however is different, whenever I am close to a light source, like a lamp, and I focus anywhere the light is heading, I see these little bright spots that kinda feel like flashes but behave differently, they move like gas bubbles in a fizzy drink, they appear at some place and travel up for a short distance until they disappear, they always move up.

I have also been seeing what appear to be small dark floaters that don't quite follow the eye, this is very occasional however and I can't reproduce it on my own, but sometimes say if I move my head to the left my floaters follow along, but I may see what appears to be a floater going fast to the right, I'm still not sure about this one though because there might be a chance this is just certain images being stuck on my retina and leaving a dark image or something.

So has anyone seen these type of eye flashes, if that's what they are? They kinda remind me as well of the Blue Field Entoptic Phenomenon, which I have also seen recently, but the spots in this case always go up like I said, not to mention that it happens inside and with regular lighting.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

This tiny dots I have them too... how can i describe, it's like a "rolling flash floater yellowish colour" coming from the inter corner to the outside corner and disappears, I mentioned to the doctor and he said that it's kind of flash.... this started in May this year and still there in both eyes, bare in mind that I am high myopic with astigmatism (-13 left and -7 right) , this tiny bubbly dots appear when i come from a light room to a dark room, also in dimmed light, even when i close my eyes to sleep i have them, also sometimes during the day, they are like tiny light bubbles popping on the outside corner but it comes from the inner corner in my bottom lash line. I don't know what's that.... and the doctors don't know either.

keep us updated

• Posted

wow... yes for about two years now ive been trying to find whats wrong with me. i have all of these symptoms and my vision has started to be jumpy. ill be looking at a stationary object and a part of the object jiggles or wiggles although i know it isnt suppose to. sometimes ill be scrolling through my phone and i stop and the phone continues to move. i have terrible terrible terrible anxiety so i have been googling symptoms and all i feel ive come up with is nervous system damage. its very scary because ive tried explaining these symptoms to my eye doctor and she isnt sure at all whats wrong but seems very unconcerned about it

• Posted

Hi WorriedSick,

How are you? Did your symptoms settle? Still having flashes and they seam to not go away. I went to the optometrist on the 14th of December and she checked my eyes and everything is fine. Did you discover what you have? Please let me know.

suzana

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.