Seeking advice - Anxiety worsening

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I found this website and thought I would reach out to individuals who may have experienced similar feelings that I have or have advice on them. I am 25 years old and graduating from my master's program and currently seeking a job. On top of the stress that brings I am also 10 hours from my family and haven't exactly made "true" friends in the current area that I live. Additionally, my significant other is in the military and lives 2 hours away (this brings much uncertainty in my life). Recently my anxiety seems to be heightened. I have always been an anxious and sensitive individual but recently it has been influencing my life so much that it is making me physically ill and pushing those close to me away. Just yesterday my significant other told me something that made my entire body go numb and hot and break out in red splotches... and it wasn't something that should have generated this reaction. He merely told me he was going to a concert with his sister for the night. If this immediate numb/hot feeling associated with anxiety or is it something different? I cant handle it anymore because I tend to lash out and I need those close to me for support right now rather than pushing them away.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Welcome to the forum!

Where are you from?

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?

• Posted

Welcome hun!

This is the best sight for things like this people are so helpful, I'd also reccomend an iPhone app called 7 cups! Online chats with people can always help!

Everyone on here is amazing

Hope you feel welcome!

X

• Posted

Hi and welcome to the group! It sounds like you had an anxiety attack or panic attack, especially because of the hot feeling you had. I have severe anxiety as of July 2015 because my Paxil stopped working and doctors are still trying to find something I can tolerate. I have been on Paxil for 15 years and it's impossible to come off of. They want me to go on a low dose of an antipsychotic, which they call it an add on or mood stabilizer.
    • Posted

I have been on and off of a low dose of Lexapro and I'm wondering if it's not working for me anymore. They also put me on another one and I felt like I was going crazy. Do you have any advice when these mini panic attacks happen because clearly they do not need to happen for my BF going to a concert for a couple hours with his sister.
    • Posted

Do you think it could be you don't like being alone? When my anxiety is bad, which is almost daily I don't like to be alone. Mine starts out as heart palpitations which is from the Paxil not working anymore. I'm wondering if my body is withdrawing itself.
  • Posted

HiĀ 

Sorry your feeling so had

Stress causes anxiety and makes us very sensitive to situations.

Anxiety also thrives off fear so you are really fueling the anxiety.

Try to see a councellor at school and talk to your family

Dont let anxiety win

Stay Strongcool

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.