Seeking advice: Every few breathes i need a deep breathe, 24/7. Its been almost 2 years now.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello, I am 21 years old, since january of 2017, i have had a very bad breathing issue. Every few breathes i need a deep breathe, which is never a satisfying deep breathe. this had been going on 24/7 all day everyday for over a year.

Symptom:

- shortness of breathe

-air hungry

lifestyle leading up to this:

Where should i start.... well i was a power lifter at a young age, i lifted heavy weight and put on a lot of muscle mass over several years from 14-20. I smoked weed, a lot, i started at 13, but once i was about 17, i started smoking hash oils, and a lot at that. at 17 i also had an issue of which i threw up evermorning for about 2-3 years. i ate a lot of foods to put on muscle mass which is why i smoked so much, i force fed smoked repeat to gain muscle.

one night, after a 2 month period of eating a lot worse than normal and working out less, i was about 220ibs 5 foot 9 at the time. age 20. i woke up in the middle of the night as if i was suffocating. i have been air hungry since literally all day every day. 24/7.

Doctor visists consisted of:

Spirometry tests after a month of dealing with it, came back normal

a month later i had a chest x-ray, came back normal. prescribed anxietymeds (sertraline). the meds did nothing. was also prescribed inhalers to take 2 times a day for 2 puffs, felt like it made things worse.

then about 6-9 months later after a few visists, i was referred to a pulmonologist. the pulmonologist did spirometery tests and took another chest x-ray, all came back normal.

had a ct-scan of chest, came back normal.

had an ekg twice and an ekogram done recently, came back normal.

tomorrow i plan on having blood work done.

Things to make not of:

I have a feeling it could be from me lifting really heavy weight, because i have strained my lower back about a year ago and its still in pain, but i have had a issue with the upper right part of my back, and it is uncomfortable from benching heavy weight.

After all of my tests so far have come back normal, im stuck with the anxiety boat. spirometry tests, 2 chest x-rays, ct-scans, 2 ekgs, ecograms, all normal.

Anxiety wise:

i have always had a blushing problem especially in public and even when alone, which turned into a blushing/ pit stain issue for a while. the pit stain issue went away, and now i just have constant shortness of breath with a bit less severe blushing problem.

that being said, i have had some very bad experiences in life up to this point (21 years old).

- my parents got a divorce when i was 13 which lasted for 2 years from middle school summer to being a sophmore in high school. my dad also had cancer which was hard since my sibilings are much older and i was the only one with him, and my mom wanted nothing to do with me. i have had some bad arguments and problems with my personal life to this point as well. i cant recall exactly when, but around the time my breathing was bad i had a very serious issue with my dad because i couldnt get financial aid for school. he almost kicked me out and wanted nothjng to do with me for a month or two. we got over it but it was traumatizing.

based off of my smoking habit, eating excessively and vomitting issue, anxiety/stress issue, its hard to say what it is since my tests came back normal so far.

P.S. i have a very very sedentary lifestyle and find my self lying down after most meals or even durring meals.

allways had really bad allergies as well.

please judge my situation, i appreciate any and all advice.

feel free to ask me anything and feel free to contact me as well.

Thank you.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

message me if you wish to contancy me for anything
  • Posted

Hi, i have been having the same problem for a long time. What basicly was happening with me was, i was breathing in to much air because of the anxiety. SO i was always in a fight or flight mode if that makes sense. What helped me alot was learning to breathe less. So please look into the buteyko curing methodes. Just contact someone that offers buteyko and describe what you feel. That person can give you a much beter explanation than me. Sorry for mij bad english. 
    • Posted

Can u please direct message me I've been dealing with the same thing exactly I would like to here your experiences with this and if u was able to overcome it and regain your life back because I feel like my life and Independence has been taken from me

• Posted

How scary is this for y'all who suffer because I am convinced I'm a dead man walking I cannot exercise I cannot work I cannot drive I'm basically bed ridden from this except for showering and using the bathroom everything bothers me I am in fear for my life I KNOW I AM GONNA DIE FROM THIS the doctors cannot find anything

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.