Seeking alternatives to surgery for knee osteoarthritis.

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a 66 year old male and injured my knee 12 months ago. An MRI shows a torn menisus and ACL and advanced osteoarthritis. I am still awaiting a surgical consult. There is little pain or stiffness but my knee will no longer support me. I am not overweight but the knee folds backwards when I attempt to walk. Are there alternatives to surgery for joint support? Thanks.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Injuries such as fracture is dangerous and one must consult doctors or organizations.There are many organizations which would come up with various technologies and therapies like prp injections,and trigger point injections to help you out
  • Posted

Thank very much Brad. I will check out trigger point injections for the pain.
  • Posted

I was diagnosed for a hip surgery sometime back and avoided it by going through a stem cell therapy treatmentprocess. I had to make frequent visits to the clinc which was situated close by to where I lived in Florida, So it was quite convenient. I went through a treatment process of about four months and it has reduced my pains and condition almost completely. It actually worked for me and hope it can work for you as well.
  • Posted

Thanks very much for this information Gina. I will most certainly look into it to see if it is available in my area. Great that it has worked so well for you.

Cheers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.