Seeking experiences with castor oil packs to break up belly button surgery scars and adhesions

Posted , 3 users are following.

Several years ago I was viciously, brutally stabbed in my once pain-free, normal belly button which had no discoloration nor protrusion/bulge in or by it. Protrusion/bulge and discoloration are signs of belly button hernia-- I didn't have either before the stabbing. I was in horrendously high, constant physical pain when that happened. Some 20 days later, surgery was done for a so-called "belly button hernia" though that might have been a lie. In the session when the "belly button hernia" surgical repair was done, the surgeon also corrected a painful LEFT groin hernia and a painless RIGHT groin hernia. Just a week or two after these surgeries were done in that 1 session a few years ago, I noticed a new problem: diastasis recti which is something that women can have from childbirth but this diastasis recti also can happen to men. In this awful, untreatable (with surgery, exercise and physical therapy) condition, the abdominal midline tissue - called the linea alba - which holds all left side abdominal muscles and all right side abdominal muscles together on that midline is forever damaged by being spread apart so that the guts easily push up against the skin in a large, ugly bulge whenever one lays down or get up from laying down. One then has to avoid lifting heavy objects, can never do abdominal exercises, and has to wear forever - even during sleep - an abdominal binder which is just a rectangle of material that wraps around the body keeping the guts somewhat in place. Along with that, I also have physical pain under the surgically altered belly button. You see, after those 3 surgeries done a few years ago, I was quite physically inactive so there was a slight annoyance and discomfort only caused by the simple tilting, bending, etc. that everyone does each day. But that slight physical pain, lower-level physical discomfort ended on 9 May 2019 when I started using only the treadmill and the elliptical at Planet Fitness. I didn't go crazy using those machines but, after only 5 visits to Planet Fitness, had to stop going on Fri. 17 May 2019 due to increasing physical pain under my former, nice-looking, trouble-free real belly button: the physical pain was so high and was nauseating, sickening for days after 17 May 2019-- it's settled down a bit since I'm not doing anything very physical. I figure that the motions I made on the elliptical must be twisting up or tugging on scar tissue beneath my former belly button. I might have mesh under my former belly button-- I don't know. Years ago I heard that castor oil packs can break up scar tissue even if internal in the abdomen. One puts the oil on flannel, puts the flannel piece on the painful area, then puts a plastic bag over the wet flannel, and finally puts a heating pad on the plastic bag. This has to be done I understand for quite some time over the days and weeks. Has anyone here done this for something like my belly button internal scars produced by the surgery of a few years ago? Does this actually work? I miss using the elliptical and therefore seek some kind of effective solution to this. Thanks for your attention to this posting.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Serrapeptase is good for desolving scar tissue as well!! That's what I used.

I had a large mass of it and it has shrink tremendouslt.

• Posted

Thanks giaplzze for the info on that enzyme serrapeptase-- I'd never heard of this enzyme which I just learned is made from this same enzyme found in the intestines of silkworms. Did you take a capsule, a solid pill or a liquid? Were your scars internal or external on your skin? How long did you take the serrapeptase? Did you take it every day?

What brand of serrapeptase did you buy?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.