seeking help

Posted , 3 users are following.

I experience this mostly after eating. When I swallow I feel like the food is stuck there. Sometimes it even feels like I can't breath, like my throat is closing. I am very worried.

I do experience acid reflux so it might be from that, right? I am very scared. I am only 19 years old and I do not have a history of diseases in my family but I am still terribly worried. 

Any advice will be welcome. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Call the gastroenterologist and schedule a visit. Mine gave me prilosec for it. If this don't help then see a ENT maybe it's something to do with the upper esophagus.

• Posted

You have either GERD or LPR but I would definately get a CBC, Blood Chemistry Test and a Barium Swallow test to be 100% certain no tumors cancerous and non cancerous. Tumors don't usually show up on a CBC or Blood Chemistry test till it's in the later stages. but I myself am pretty sure you have either GERD or LPR. If you do the doctor will most likely give you either Pantoprazole or Lansoprazole or something similar to try for 30 days. I found that took the lump like feeling out of my throat. Every time I swallowed it was painful lump like feeling only when swallowing like a stabbing or sharp pain. My throat feels much better now. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.