Seeking opinion on burn wound

Posted , 3 users are following.

My mom got out of the hospital about two weeks ago from a second degree burn to her foot. She’s been taking care of it herself and now it looks like this. She puts bacitracin ointment over her wound and gauze to cover. She’s been telling me that she feels like she has a mild cold with a few symptoms: sneezing, coughing, and slight fever. She has a doctors appointment on Thursday but I’m wondering if I should take her sooner? I’m concerned about her having sepsis versus a mild cold. I am also sick and so she could’ve caught my cold. Can anyone tell me if this looks infected and if she has symptoms of sepsis or if it’s just a mild cold and she can wait to see the doctor or if I should take her ASAP? Thanks!File size is too big

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Yen its possible its just a cold but if theirs even a remote chance it's an infection of any kind its best to get it checked out, better safe than sorry

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.