seems to work, then not work ???

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hi, I have been on Flu for about 3 and half months now. After about 5 or 6 weeks it seemed to be working great. I was able to get back into the basics (washing up, cooking etc...) and started feeling a bit more normal. Christmas came and shorty after I started feeling down again, and after a few days near new year I tried to be alone as much as possible. Felt awful. Felt like it wasnt working at all. Started feeling better and drugs seemed to be working again from last weekend. That is until I woke up today. Could not get up, had to phone in sick for work, felt so empty (still do) and I don't know why. Why does it work then stop then work again? Should I get a higher dose do you think?>

Any suggestions helpful. Thanks.

No Celebration (24 yr old female)

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I was the same as you. at the begging of the year i started them and stopped about aug suddenly as i thought i was cured and fine but it was a massive mistake. The drug levels you out so that your not really down but also it doesnt let you get highly excited either it kind of numbs your feelings to everything if you kinda understand what i mean. We also do have good days and bad days that just life and what get throws as us so some days you will feel its not working but hang in there you feel better the next day just give yourself time. Having a mental illness is a hard thing for anyone to understand if you dont actually have it and iv been there not being able to get out of bed and shut myself off from everyone. I relapsed and this is my 4th week back on them and right now i still get very bad low days but i am able to get some focus back into my head as before everything was just passing in a blur and i let it. I had support from my partner before but she broke up with me this time as i didnt go back to the doctor in time for help and its so much harder on your own. i hope you have someone to support you at home. I get my support from on here and sharing my experiances and feelings with people who are going through what i am. keep on trying dont let the bad days drag you down x
  • Posted

Nicki, Thanks for your reply, its good to get some support from here. Luckily my boyfriend is doing his best to help and understand. I just hope it doesn't put too much of a strain on him.

I hope you start to do better soon too.

Thanks again.

• Posted

im glad that he is there to support you. Be aware that it will be so hard for him to see you like this. it makes it harder for us because we all seem to do the same thing of shutting ourself off and not speaking to anyone. there is alot of support on here as we all know what each other feels which people who are not ill just dont understand no matter how hard you try to explain.

i hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

oh i feel awful today, dragged myself into work but wishing i had stayed in bed, trying to keep myself together in front of everyone is giving me a headache.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.