Seizures from neck movement

Posted , 4 users are following.

Sometimes I manage quite well, sometimes not. Have a query ligament damage high in neck. C1/c2

last year I felt as if c2 had slipped and I was getting partial seizures to different areas of my body. Eventually settled. Had physio recently and pushed my neck into pillow and have exacerbated injury again. If I tilt my head I have a feeling of twitching inside my chest, not always in the same place. My body jerks. I know this is rare but wondered if anyone else with a high neck injury had felt anything similar.m

thank you. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi brenda

i  have problems from c3 /c6 and get loads of muscle spasms from the top of my shoulder even to my legs you  probably notice them more when your resting so I would say this is very common with associated neck problems 

and now I,find them more painfull 

• Posted

Sorry to hear that Ashton. Do your spasms stay or come in

Waves.

• Posted

I suppose they are worse when we lie down as we are pressing the spine. I am sleeping sitting up at the moment.
  • Posted

Hi Brenda,

C1 and C2 as far as I am aware are responsible for controlling the breathing mechanisms. I would think if you are getting any symptoms in the chest area then an urgent call to your g.p. or A and E may be in order. Best of luck. Mike.

• Posted

Thanks Mike. Yes, they are involved, all complex tiger territory. I have had the sensation that I can't breathe a couple of times but it was a long time ago. I think I should have gone to A&E as they see you while it is bad. I rang gp, she said she didn't know what to suggest. Seeing me next week. I think she should have seen me that day. Especially when I told her my symptoms had changed and were worse. Scary when symptoms are rare. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.