Self diagnosed

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi everyone. I’m new to all this and looking some advice/info. So for years now I have been getting boil/abscesses under my boobs and along my bikini line. I done a lot of research and have self diagnosed myself with HS. (GP has finally agreed but she can’t diagnose me) I have been referred by my GP to dermatology. The waiting list in 103 weeks before they will even send for me. I get a new boil/abscesses roughly every 3-4 days. I have taken nearly every antibiotic under the sun and doesn’t seem to help. (Don’t know all the names of them) I have been taking Lymecycline for the past few weeks and don’t really notice any difference either. Does anyone know of any creams or diets or anything really that will ease all this? I’m in so much pain with them. I can’t wear a bra or pants half the time because of the pain. I used to feel like I was the only one that got anything like this. None of my friends or family have ever heard about HS so feel sort of stuck on who to talk to about it. I’m not happy with my body at all anymore. I cry myself to sleep most nights cause I think in my head that my partner is repulsed by me because of all the scarring etc. I just wish there was some sort of cure for this because I just can’t take anymore. (Sorry to be so doom and gloom I’ve just had enough) 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear that your going threw this .my daughter has hs she went and got tests for vitamins and minerals deficiency and food intolerance. It's showed that she was dairy intolerant and her magnesium was very low. Since addressing these she is almost in remmision. It's very difficult because it's so different for everyone. Alot of people find following a paelo diet helps .but for others it's stress and hormones. I hope this helps stay strong .

• Posted

Do you mind me asking how you went about getting those tests? I’m going to look into that diet too. I can’t take an contraception with hormone in it cause it makes me really angry. I’ve had to have the copper coil fitted. I’m thinking is it something to do with hormones now? 🤔

How old was your daughter when she was diagnosed and how long did it take? X

• Posted

Hi I took her to a naturalist but I think a doctor would do them if you ask . She got it when she was 18 and diagnosed at 20 .as soon as she followed a paelo diet and dairy free she noticed an improvement straight away I also throw alot of tumeric in her food .She test to have a smoothie every day . I hope this helps you good luck
  • Posted

sigh I am so sorry! I noticed staying away from nightshade help so much! Those are inflammatory foods. Yes hormones has a lot to do with it also. Dieting will help tremendously.
  • Posted

Thank you so much for your help and advice. I’m going to look into some diets and see if the doctor can run some tests and hope in the mean time I can get seen by a dermatologist sooner than 103 weeks 🤷??? 

Currently have one about size of a Brussel sprout right about my section scar. Struggling to sleep and can’t have anything touch it. I hate this stupid condition!! 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.