Self doubt ( the monkey on your shoulder )

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all hope you are well ? And yes it's me again 🙄 

So we all have " demons " things that stop or at least slow us to attaining our own personal, wants, needs, desires and we battle them daily, well my monkey is being particularly difficult and has been growing in ability for a few months, the little s**t won't stop ! 

I know why it's behaving thusly and am trying to cage its movements as I really don't want to fall at the first hurdle to my start at being a productive member of society. Same as my last post I guess and still have 4 days to give in to the monkey and the many reasons he says I should, damn you monkey and all you represent! 

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm always wrestling with that monkey; especially in the winter months.  He whispers in my ear about my not being able to do this or that but I'm getting after him.  I'm trying not to listen.  Sometimes he gets thru but other times I block him by changing my minds topic.  I know some people may think I'm nutzo when I walk down the street saying to myself you can do this, you can go there, no one is gonna hurt you, just keep going.  Monkey is losing his grip cause I'm fighting him with everything I got.

Give him hell and free yourself.  We're all pulling for you.

• Posted

Thank you frazzled, he is a little sneaky one indeed ! I'm glad it's not just me that talks to myself lol and who cares what people think, we are only doing our best to keep moving forward.

I do hope you manage to shut the blighter up long enough to get where you need to and in the mean time mine is about to be evicted as I've had enough of his chatter. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.