Self harmers - can u answer a question

Posted , 2 users are following.

R u ashamed of it?

I try n cover mine up but now don't feel the need to hide it from family (apart from my children)

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Sorry, meant so sad? Been there hun? Hopefully you give your head a wobble, you have children i didnt (dont) coming on this site is only a first step, wish you luck hun. 
  • Posted

It's not something to be ashamed of. It isn't something to celebrate either though.

The more people who see it, the more will see you are in pain. Those who judge and make no attempt to understand aren't worth being around - those who look, see, notice, will understand that's your way of telling them "there's somebody inside me screaming!", and they will listen.

Self-harm is worrying but it's a statement, and more people should read (or listen) to that statement so people like you (and me) feel as though they have a platform to speak.

• Posted

Thank u all for your replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.