Self harming

Posted , 7 users are following.

Been cuttin my legs with a stanley blade for a few months now it used to help but not so much now.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I use to break apart razor blades and use thos. Helpes when it gets bad, specially at night time. You been to see a docter or anyone? Does anyone know about you cutting?
    • Posted

I don't understand the cutting. Is it the pain from cutting that helps? I'm not trying to be funny, but I wonder if instead of cutting, you could try using an epilady to pull the hair out of your legs. It HURTS! And it won't leave scars.

• Posted

My boyfriend knows.he found out by accident as well.my youngest children live with their father.i left him see, i was so unhappi and he didnt let me hav much of a life.i took them with me but they wantd dinner at his so i let them.after that he never let me have them again.he sent sheriff offivers to my house demanding i return them cos one day i saw them and thot id keep them cos im their mum.he claimed in the court writ that i was mentally ill putely because i was taking 2 antidepressants a day.no harming ir anything n no non functioning.i done all mumsy things as expected.i went to court and got shared custody.he made it impossible then and he claimed every penny and there entitled to and i went off work sick with stress.after months of lawyers and courts he wantd me to have the kids 7 days at a time n he would do the aame.but i coodny afford to go n get them or take them bak or feed them n he woodny help.basically he didny want me havin the kids.anyway here i am 2 yrs later still depressed n now harming.if i nvr left him this woodny hav happnd and it is my fault in a way.socila work wer involved but say my kids are safe wven tho he has drug charges and animal cruelty and assaults.he is also big on bigotry and slanders any one who is gay or anything like that.i also feel i should be used to the situation by now but i miss them.i see them every second friday from 3 pm til the Sunday at 7 pm.so im not even a proper mum anymore.i didny ever do anything to hurt the kids or anything like that and i had never had any authorities say otherwise.he also is gettn help feom a gp for his alcohal issues though i know he still drinks
  • Posted

i completely know how you feel, that sense of relief you get each time you cut yourself, because feeling pain is better than feeling nothing at all or being numb.

Please reach out and get the urgent help you need, you are a strong, wonderful person and you can beat this. I dont even know you, but i know you can. Life can and will get better, you just have to sty focussed and determined to fight for what is yours, a happy and healthy life. 

Take care and stay strong, you are in my prayers.

• Posted

Hi Kirsty,

Self harm is a coping mechanism a lot of people use for depression or low self esteem. I would recommend going to see your doctor. Prior to starting my job in the Mental Health sector I did this and it was the best thing I did.

They prescribed me an anti depressant which helped to relieve some of the thoughts and self harming behaviours I had. I also spoke to my family and explained everything. It took them a long time to understand, but now if I ever feel I want to self harm I speak to them.

The doctor might also offer Cognitive Behavioural Therapy which may involve retraining your thought patterns to decrease the chances of self harm. Also, if you search for something called Mindfulness on YouTube, you may find it to be of help. It involves focusing on other things to take your mind away from intrusive thoughts such as self harm. I really recommend it.

However, I do think the best thing is a trip to the doctors. I used to self harm and the scars I'm left with are a painful reminder, but my experience made me stronger. I know self harm seems to help, but it's better treat the underlying condition so you don't feel like you have to harm yourself any longer.

Please remember that these are only suggestions and the doctor will know best.

• Posted

I'm covered in scars. It helped me short term but now I deeply regret it. Tattoo's can't even cover some of the scar tissue on my legs. Have you talked to your GP?

• Posted

Sorry for l8 reply n thanks fir ur answers.yes ive saw doctor aftr doctor.they refer me to counselling and issue me 70 mg lofepramine to b taken 3 times daily. counselling makes me feel worse, id rather write down any thots than say them in front of someone.ive been on these pills for nearly 2 yr n i had askd to be changed to some for anxiett rather than depression.since then ive moved house and am still waiting to hear from the mental health team as im in a different area now.in reply to the person who doesnt undrrstand the cutting, well i hav alot of anger in me n cutting eases it a bit.i suppose i feel itm my fault that i rarely see my two wee kids now xos if i hadny left my husband id stil b with them so its a soet of punishmnt bit its also how i cope.i feel better after it n its like someone had took all my crap n put it aside for a wee while.i dont think it realli can b understood unless its been done by the person tryin to understand it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.