Self help?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all, 

I never had any regular periods, but wasn´t too conerned, because I did a lot of competition sports when I was young and my doctor just put it down to stress/exhaustion. I was ok with having periods only once or twice a year, it meant my performance didn´t fluctuate as much as with other girls and even after giving up sports, I never really thought about it. Then, about 7 years ago, my period wouldn´t stop for about 8 weeks and I went to my GP. After a few tests and examinations, I was officially diagnosed with PCOS, but told there was no point in doing anything about it if I was not planning to get pregnant. However, my periods are so painful and last longer and longer that it affects me greatly. I tried to help myself by taking some Chinese meds, buying hormonal treatments over the internet and going on drastic diets, But nothing really helped, some made my symptoms worse, others didn¨t do anything, so I have been doing some thorough research over the last year and have now decided on a nutrition based program that has helped quite a few people to become healthy, not just with pcos, but with other things as well. 

Just wondered if anyone has tried a nutrition approach on here and what their experience was?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

When I've eaten a low glycemic index diet, and have lost weight, my periods became regulated. I felt good. Since I fell off the wagon, I'm not regulated, and I feel like crap.

• Posted

Sorry to hear that Dayana. But that is exactly the reason why I joined my current program. It comes with lifetime support and they monitor your progress so they can adjust your intake before you give up. In a way I feel pressurized because I have to submit my progress on a regular basis. But then, I guess I need all the support I can get. If it works, it will change my life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.