Self Induced Anal Fissure?

Posted , 5 users are following.

I think I caused anal fissures in my anus/rectum.

So a couple months ago I was absent mindedly scratching my butthole in the shower, out of habit and also it kind of itched.

But I used my right hand without thinking, which I've been growing the nails out on to a long and pointy shape in order to play fingerstyle guitar.

As a result, I'm pretty sure I made a small scratch just inside my anus. This cause more itching and I, like an idiot, just scratched more. A vicious cycle ensued.

What started a month ago as a slight pain and trace amounts of blood when I wipe is now more substantial pain, and pretty exclusively just bright red spots of blood on the tissue paper when I wipe.

Is it an anal fissure? Any advice on treatment? Should I see my PCP?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, much chances of anal fissure. If it last for more than 2 months might be chronic fissure. From symptoms it seems you are suffering from anal fissure. Better visit nearest Colo rectal surgeon or gastroenterologist. He will tell you exact cause of pain, itching and blood using proctoscopy or by simple inspection. Early treatment is better.
    • Posted

Till then avoid spicy foods, drink plenty of water and avoid straining during bowel movements. Avoid constipation. Take care.
  • Posted

Hi, I guess any cut can be described as an anal  fissure. Use wipes now instead of paper and over the counter creams to assist healing. Giving it is a cut like this it should heal quicker as you don’t seem to have any underlying issues that can cause fissures and make healing a nightmare! Still eat high fibre diet in any case. Good luck 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.