Self Induced Double Vision - Young Adult?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, 

For approx last 4 months ive been suffering from horrible double vision, the two images appear adjacent to one another in the horizontal plane, I had visited my Optometrist about the condition, and he advised that my eye muscles may just be weak, but with an updated prescription for my glasses and a few exercises it should go away.

However, i feel i am forcibly causing my eyes to go crosseyed, and that if i really strain i  can bring the two images back together, as such i constantly have very tired, irritated eyes that feel very sore and water alot due to me overworking them. 

I also notice the double images more so when im looking the edges of an object.

I should add, it is mainly with objects close to me as opposed to things at a distance.

Since this has started it hasnt really shown any signs of stopping and has been hugely frustrating, medically i am relatively ok but do tend to sit prehypertensive onto 140/90 commonly, and have suffered from high pitched tinnitus for well over a year.

Yet being only 22, and already experiencing this has been really difficult and as such i wanted to get other peoples possible experiences on the matter, have you suffered from this and if so what did you do to alleviate it.

Additionally, has anyone else suffered from this, and if so, did Prism glasses help you? 

Sorry for my long question, many thanks for any replies.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.