Selincro

Posted , 5 users are following.

I tried Selincro several weeks ago but it didn't work for me - I stayed off the forum as I didn't want to put anyone off. Has there been any success stories with this med? 

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Is it a,drug to help you stop drinking? X
    • Posted

Hi Linda yes it's not meant to stop you drinking just curb it so you're less inclined to drink loads
    • Posted

There is a drug called Nalmefene that is highly recommended.

There is an alcohol therapist on here who knows about this problem.

He is very understanding and helpful.

He also does rehab.

Hope this info helps x

• Posted

Selincro and Nalmefene are the same drug smile All drugs have an approved name (Nalmefene in this case) and a name given to it by the maker (Selincro) smile

• Posted

It seems it is working well for some people, don't worry about putting people off, some drugs work better for some people than for others smile
    • Posted

Hi Paul Maybe I'll try it again sometime but I'm on so many meds blood pressure. Thyroid. Tachicardio I'm sick to death of pills but I know I should try again
  • Posted

There are many drugs designed to help u not crave alcohol. Mabe a differed drug can help u. They don't seem to work the same way for everyone.

keep trying til u find the right one or combo.

Goo Luck confused

• Posted

Hi Ive been given a private priscrtion for 14 pills of selincro and asda said its £51.00

does that sound ok ?

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Paul will let you all know how they work or not as I am a heavey drinker 7 days a week

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.