Selincro Dr dosn't want to know

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

I just read up on the sinclair method and all makes sense to me , been to the doctor who wouldn't listern and just said NO, advise to go to alcohol centere which I did and they said they know about it but but don't perscride go back to doctor who says no and go back to centre - so they are not interested

Looking on line to get the tablets and its coming up around £3.45 er tablet , does that seem right?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What I did. I send the internet link to my house doctor before I went to see her and that made it easy, but the pill is difficult to get. Yes, it is really expensive, but so is drinking. Good luck.

• Posted

If we can get you the local health authority guidelines, then we can see exactly who they have commissioned to prescribe Selincro.  It might be your GP.  It might be the doctor at the alcohol recovery centre.  It might be another doctor completely.

There is, sadly, a complete lack of knowledge in the guidelines surrounding this medication.  The guidelines just haven't been taken on board and so they might say they don't prescribe (I bet it wasn't the doctor at the ARC who told you this, but a keyworker?), but if you have the local guidelines on paper in front of you then it is in the NHS Constitution that you have a right to be assessed BY A DOCTOR for any approved medication and to be prescribed it, unless there is a medical reason it is not suitable for you.  You cannot be denied the right to see the doctor at the local alcohol recovery centre.

Please google C3 Foundation Europe and then on the contact page of the website, message me to let me know the town and county you live in and I will look up the guidelines issued by your local health authority.  In many cases, the local health authority have designated the doctor at the local ARC to assess you and not your GP, that is true, but the problem then becomes that the person you spoke to at the ARC don't even know their own procedures!

Joanna

• Posted

Yep, got it and already replied back to you with your local NHS guidelines.  It gives you the correct procedure, place, and phone number of who your local health authority feel is best placed to assess your suitability for the prescribing of Selincro.

)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.