Selincro...journey.....

Posted , 8 users are following.

I am now fed up with it all.  I have tried.  I have failed.  I am sick of failing.  More tablets to take... fed up with them as well.  How on earth did humans discover/make alcohol, anyway?  Were there always alcoholics?  Since when?  Fed up hearing the old advice... just stop if you really want to...all around...people don't understand...I don't really understand , either, but I can't stop !  I am   trying to give Selincro time.  I am worried that it won't work for me.  Pick your label, for me.  So sad.  What happened? 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm talking from a British point of view here (I think you are from the continent).

When nobleman used to fight battles during the Middle Ages, they used to give the troops alcohol the night before and in the morning, to give them Dutch courage. It was only in 1968 that the Royal Navy stopped giving a daily rum ration to sailors, which had been going on for years.

From the Middle Ages right up until the Victorian times, most households had a micro brewery, because the water wasn't clean, so they would brew weak beer to make it safe to drink - 2% ~

• Posted

Yes RHGB, it's in our roots, genes, whatever..everyone used to drink beer as it was safer than water many years ago, including children. 
    • Posted

Ignore my point about where you're from, I had two posts open at the same time and that bit got crossed over in the post.
  • Posted

Not sure who you are ooooo.?? I'm going through the same as you. I talked to Joanna yesterday, it helped. Maybe try and talk to her tomorrow. I'm finding this so hard on naltrexone, same drug. Don't give up til you've talked to her please xx
    • Posted

OOOOO=Alonangel.  I just blocked everything out because I couldn't cope.
    • Posted

I have been on to Joanna, again.  Thank you so very much for caring.  I will not give up. 😀
    • Posted

I hope things are ok for you, tonight.  Best of luck, Paper fairy.
  • Posted

Are you taking the Selincro 2 hours before you drink? How long have you been taking it?
  • Posted

hard to give advice since everybody have already done that. What to say?? My ONLY advice is if what I told myself 3 1/2 yrs ago when i had almost destroyed my family...have I hit rock bottom??yes and i stopped. It is a choice and we are all different. Robin
    • Posted

Thank you Robin2015.  OOOOO=Alonangel here.  I am back on track, thank goodness.  I know the road is a very long track !
    • Posted

hi Alonangel. Long track but do keep going. Waking up sober and remember what you did..what an award to get...more money in your pocket since not drinking!?? Keep trying and best of luck. Robin
  • Posted

OK, OOOOO, here's my label for you - a human being. You are a person just like we are. A valuable human who like all of us makes mistakes and has bad stuff that life throws at us and doesn't always make the best choices. And if you find that when you drink alcohol one or two is impossible to stop at, then your brain gets more pleasure from booze than others' brains do - it's not that you are weak. Please keep with the Selincro and get any other help you can. Celebrate any small steps forward that you make and don't beat yourself up when it doesn't all go to plan. Hang on in there. And when you fall off, just dust yourself down and get back on. Keep posting - good luck and God bless
    • Posted

Thank you h1954.  I appreciate your great words of comfort and support.  We do all need those, too.  I got back on ! 😀 All best wishes for you.  P.S.  OOOOO=Alonangel.  I just blocked everything when I couldn't cope.  Sorry, I know it's a bit barking !! Woof.
    • Posted

Hello ADEfree.  OOOOO=Alonangel  here.  Thanks again.  Getting myself together, again.  😀  Tomorrow is another day !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.