Selincro - sucking the joy out of life next couple of days - stop taking or reduce dose

Posted , 6 users are following.

Morning.  I took my third tablet on thursday which i posted about.  yesterday, as the previous time i took it i felt like life had no joy.  im quite a happy playful person by nature but the last two times I have felt utterly joyless.  i cried yesterday, made a decision to move house, and that life was very grey.  i was in bed again at 7 having being utterly exhausted from not having slept well again (i dont sleep well at the best of times but this is worse).  Even today i dont feel fully recovered and like myself.  it struck me this morning that if the pleasure receptors are cut off for alcohol that must be the same for everything too.  given i still dont feel fully restored this morning does it mean the dose is too strong for me?  Has anyone tried halfing it?  Im not sure i can stand feeling this low afterwards for up to two days.  this is the bit, given the nature of the drug, and what it does that i think wont wear off?  At a bit of a crossroads really.  i felt like i was sinking into depression yesterday and i cant risk that.  Do i stop taking them or reduce the dose. 

If you have any experience of this specifically or know what happens further down the line id really like to hear your thoughts/experiences. 

Thank you. 

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi TLB!

I have been on selincro for seven week. I experienced the same feelings as you have for the first week. No matter how bad it is, it's better than a hangover!! Stick with it!!

i would recommend taking it every day for at least the first eight weeks and then if you feel like having a few dry days, stop. Otherwise it will suck the good out of anything else you do. It just kills the pleasure centres in your brain. I take Xanax to help sleep, but if you can stay away from them, they really don't help.

• Posted

Thanks Michael. I am sticking with it. Am drinking significantly less already. Several dry days and more planned. I have to buy the prescription so taking it for 8 weeks solid is not an option for economic reasons. I am finding my way I think and this forum certainly helps so thank you for your support :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.