Selincro.....way to go ? Scaredicro, moi ?!!! YES😞

Posted , 9 users are following.

I took my first tablet yesterday. I don't know if I timed it right. Anyway, drank wine. I wanted to be able to reduce from 2 bottles. Drank half bottle left from day before( 2 and half bottle day), then drank whole bottle. Then I must have got another bottle from shop and drank that as well. Not sure as hide empties ! Feel weird. Bad night sleepwise. Don't know whether to take tab or try to go without alcohol today.....very hard to do. Still in bed. Can't cope. Just taking the tablet. Heart racing. Upset. Anyone else just feel too weak to follow through on plans...always?

0 likes, 70 replies

70 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am shocked at what has happened now. Day 7 on Selincro.  I have just made a total mess of it.  2 bottles of wine, 20 Units of alcohol..... What is wrong with my brain "wiring"?  Why did I not continue on today's good feeling? Plans for tapering, scooperididilididilidayed.  Sadonangel. 😞
    • Posted

What you don't understand is that you are right on track. Totally normal results. I often find that when I push the quantity down, in a day or so I go back up. Later, you will be able to push it down and it will stay there longer, but it may still go back up. It's ok. 
    • Posted

Thank you.  I hope so.  Hate myself.
    • Posted

Awww, don't hate yourself. It will only make you drink more!

Really though, I see people post about that same thing all the time, so be good to yourself when it happens, because it's going to happen.

Now that you're a week in, you could try pushing back your start time, maybe just 15 minutes or so. I used to start drinking at 5:00, now I don't take my pill till 5:30 or 6 and don't start drinking till about 7:30 or later. I'm taking Naltrexone though, so I only have to wait an hour. It's just about poking at your habit to see where there's a soft spot developing, if you want to. It's not really required at all. 

• Posted

Me too tonight. So angry with myself xx
    • Posted

Oh Paper fairy.....I can't stand it.  I hate what I am.
    • Posted

Paper fairy,  I hope you are feeling a bit better about things, now.  ADEfree said that this happens.  I am trying to accept that.  I feel so stupid for having 2 bottles of wine in, in the first place.  I thought I was ready to do half a bottle each day.  Life is full of disappointments.  I feel that I just set myself up for that one.  Just know... when we feel bad.....we are not alone in it.  I am sick about this.  Keep trying.....long road for this journey.  I am not able to help myself, but I hope my words help you.  🆗
  • Posted

Thanks Alonangel. Yes it's so hard and we are expecting miracles too soon. Drank 1 bottle and started on a second last night but stopped after one small glass. Said to my self, what the hell are you doing? So slept in until 2 pm. Lucky I'm not working as not sure I could cope. The next day, like now, I feel horrendous. Bad hangover, though not like after a massive binge. How do you feel the following day?

Feeling really sorry for myself..

• Posted

I don't feel unwell, next day....it would be better if I did ! I have had hangovers, but brought on by ridiculous amount of alcohol. Spirits are really bad , on my system, now.  Lack of control.....bottle of vodka 40%.....A.&E.  Been there.  Not very easy to live with.  2 bottles strong wine...fine... no ill-effects...for now.  Long term damage is exactly that, long term damage.  I am very scared and also feel sorry for myself and angry with myself.  I have got only one bottle today.  I will not go for more. I WILL NOT GO FOR MORE !
    • Posted

Oh Paper fairy...thank you for boosting my decision...I wish you great strength with your battle, too.  I am at the "crossroads" of a decision, now.  Will I just finish the bottle... usual routine... or, STOP.  I know that I have had enough...more than half bottle 13.5% wine, quickly.  I want to go with the STOP , but I am wired to some weird brain system.....on over-ride any sense re alcohol.  If I finish this bottle...so be it...but NO MORE.  Maybe I never grasped the understanding of ENOUGH ! Why do some people always just want more ?  You stay strong tonight, too.  I wish you best strength ! 🏋

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.