semen Volume after Aquablation

Posted , 14 users are following.

I am 2 months post- operation, all seems to be working fine and I have my first follow-up next month, one thing I have noticed is the decrease of semen after ejaculation. The volume is very low. Did anyone notice any change in the volume at any point? If the volume is so small, could this be a retro? Thanks

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

i am dry. just figured aquablation completely shelled all the prostate tissue so no semen.

It is good to be able to urinated strongly! it will take years for proste to grow to problem size which I am very happy about. but erections are definitely smaller and literature states 1 to 2 cm less. Oh well at least I can pee.

• Posted

hello James and all forum members, I had my holep 17 days ago. This is my experience.

I spent the night in the hospital with the catheter and irrigation going until about 6 am when the solution/urine ran cleared. the catheter was removed and it was the most excruciating pain ever luckily it was just for a very short while. the nurse was great in minimising the discomfort.

I was discharged at noon after being able to show that I can wee and not retaining urine. Bloody pee initially and for then for the next 16 days. It started getting clear yesterday and it is clear today.

Morning wood seemed to last longer and harder in the last few day days, something I had missed in a number of years. hurray. Last night I masturbste and to my surprise (about a teaspoon) semen dribbled out, however with the pleasure came with a stinging pain. took about a couple of minutes to go away.

Semen was a light brown so assuming blood. I was expecting retrograde ejaculation so time will tell. I might be brave enough to do it tonight to see if the pain is still there.

Personally I am not bothered by the amount of ejaculate. The fact that I am able urinate less often, get up less at night is great result. Getting hard, and being able to orgasm is a bonus even if it is retrograde. Quality of life is great.

Hope my experience will be helpful to anyone contemplating Holep. I certainly found reading the experience of others here helpful before my procedure.

• Posted

yup- me too! about 6 weeks after surgery no issues, in fact it seemed like a little more volume than usual, I'm coming up on two months post surgery and I am experiencing retro! I am pretty bummed, I chose Aquablation over a Turp because I did not want to deal with retro- I hope it reverses itself here in the next few months but my hopes aren't up. anyone out there that has or had the same issue? any change?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.