Sensation of body shutting down, like someone switched off the power

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi

has anyone had this? the only way i can describe it is like a dynamo , when the power is pulled it starts to die.... its happened to me several times and i sweat horrendously within seconds. doctor has checked my heart, nothing untoward but i feel this is extremely serious. you feel like this is it, that its shutdown time and that is exactly what you do, start to shutdown. im not being dramatic either. it suggests the oxygen isnt getting to the brain. anyone had this?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

not sure what group to post it in !!

• Posted

Anne,

Sounds horrific. Other than sweating what are the symptoms? What medications are you currently taking and for how long?

• Posted

it is... i am not a drama queen but you really do think your number is up. the battery starts to die. symptoms as well as sweating are also shortness of breath but dont know if thats just shock, also heat., no confusion though. i just have to sit down immediately and i am extremely tired after it. i had a minor one the other day, i was just standing and it started to drop then came back up, only lasted a few seconds rather than the other episodes. think its maybe low blood pressure... i also think it maybe related to levothyroxin... i was put on that in 2014 after radiotherapy and i think perhaps that increased my levels but now, maybe im taking too much.

• Posted

i am not sure of the underlying condition but it sounds like an anxiety attack is triggered. anxiety can be caused many ways and some are medication based. are there any meds you are or were on in the past month or so. example: people on Prednisone have been known to experience Prednisone psychosis from withdrawal. is there anything else? i hope you feel better.

• Posted

researching levothyroxin it does look like many of the symptoms you are suffering is most likely due to that medication. have you recently skipped or lowered this medication medication? since it is a hormone it should affect a lot of things this is extremely similar to the effects of Prednisone on the body. if you were lowering your dose in this medication you would have to do so gradually. in the meantime I would recommend connecting with the doctor to be prescribed something for anxiety.it could be that your thyroid has gotten better and started producing the hormone whereas you might have in abundance of the hormone now? or something else maybe going on. but I do suspect that whatever it is triggering is triggering anxiety attacks. that is the feeling you're receiving in your chest and that is why doctors are not finding anything.

• Posted

thank you Adam. i agree yes, my theory is that the radiotherapy kicked off the need for the thyroid medication back in 2014. as i have progressed with a better diet i think i am now taking too much. ive been off it for a month now and i self test, everything seems fine so far. i spoke to the doctor yesterday and she advised blood test tomorrow. i cannot put my finger on what is causing this shutdown which is why i need to start at the beginning, i do think it blood pressure related possibly caused by medication. i also feel much better off it.

• Posted

it can take weeks to months, in rare cases even longer for the body to regulate normally. your body has been supplemented a naturally occurring hormone. in most cases, the hormones need to be weened slowly. when off a medication the body will know this and the withdrawal effects could take weeks to surface. usually subtle things will take place, behavior, mood, maybe even senses, taste, smell, stomach, a plethora. anxiety attacks is a big one since the nervous system is involved. the body is regulated through this hormonal homeostasis and i suspect this is what is happening. have you ever been prescribed a mood disorder drug or something for anxiety such as Ativan?

• Posted

sounds like my symptoms of overactive thyroid.

sweating, sensitive to heat, short of breath, extremely tired to name a few so maybe you are taking too much now.. it can happen.

• Posted

hi yes, thats exactly what i think. the shutdown is very odd, have you had that?

• Posted

no, my body seems very sensitive to any pharma medication, i was prescribed tamoxifen after breast cancer but could not function with it. i came off it and my life returned to normal. Its a pill of pure poison.

• Posted

No shutdown thankfully, the thyroid controls our bodies functions.ask to get it checked. x

• Posted

Yes. Lightheaded and disconnected. When I experienced it came with a sharp pain in my neck. I thought it felt like a blockage in my carotid artery. Like that's where I was disconnected in some big way.

I went to the ER. I had them do an EEG and check my muscle enzymes to rule out heart attack. It was normal. So I left. I still think something almost happened. I decided my next step should probably be to have a carotid ultrasound to check for any artery blockage because that makes the most sense to me. I would have had them do one but that ER didn't have the equipment anyway.

That all happened a couple months ago, nothing since and I haven't done anything yet.

Keep us informed!

Julie

• Posted

thank you Julie, i will. so far its looking like low blood pressure..

• Posted

You are not making a lot of sense sugar. Are you talking about getting light headed when you stand up or fatigue maybe, possibly a panic attack?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.