Sensation of lump in throat when I swollow

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm not sure where to put this. It's nearly 4am and I'm up because of those issu I've been having since Saturday night.

So Saturday I was eating dinner and I suddenly got a sharp pain in my mouth on the left side - under my tongue/my throat. That lasted a little while and then subsided. However, since then uve been left with this horrible sensation like there's a lump in my throat when I swollow. Not only does it feel like a lump but it also hurts my ear/back of throat when I yawn, and the only way I can think to describe it is that the muscles under the left side of my tongue feel extremely tight, and that I can feel that tension in my left ear. It feels almost like if I popped my ear it might help.

Also another description is that the muscles under my tongue have gone into cramp to way that the back of my leg sometimes does. Is this possible? If I use my finger to rub under my tongue it slightly feels relieved for a short moment.

Does anyone have any idea what this is? I am going to make a doctors appointment, however, it's likely they won't see me for two weeks yet this is effecting me right now.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sorry Lisa I don't know what that is but it doesn't sound nice. A trip to the doctors is in order. Good luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.