Sense on smell changes?

Posted , 8 users are following.

my sense of smell is so sensitive. (like when i was pregnant 26 years ago) i am tired but can't sleep, i ovulate right as my period ends, my uterus is enlarged (2 ultra sounds were clear), my blood pressure is up and down, i had the eletric shocks, itchy skin, joint pain, constipation, heart palpitations, etc. i am angry doctors let us suffer so. They just want to give any pills to s**t us up.

I would love to find a support group.

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You've found a support group right here!

Even if all doctors knew about peri misery, what are they supposed to do? I think their only defense is to throw pills at it. It would be nice just to get some validation though and not meant like everything is in our heads.

XO

• Posted

Hi, yes can i ask how strong it is for you? my sense of smell is so beyond strong its torturous. Sound is heightened as well. It is killing me on top of a lot of other symptoms. I feel very detached like everything is shutting down. Not coping with it well at all. I hope your not as bad:)

• Posted

My sense of smell has always been above average and now it's a super power. I can smell everything and it's never a good thing...bad hygiene, bad breath, garbage, road kill and I live by the ocean, which has been extra stinky. When I enter stores with bright lights, it throws off homeostasis and gives me anxiety. My body feels so out of tune and off! Peri menopause hit me gradually in 2012 and peaked in 2015-2017 (never fell worse) and has started improving in 2018. I'm 49.

• Posted

i am 49 also. i think peri started for me are 36. early cause i had my tubes tied? it seems the symptoms have been coming separately over the years like being in the ocean.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.