Sensitive Eyes after Aura Migraines

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a few aura migraines over the last two weeks, including two days ago, and my eyes are feeling really sensitive. Almost like I can have another one/sensitive to light. Is this normal? 

I've had aura migraines my entire life, and I can't remember how I felt afterward. 

Thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I never suffered from migraines until i reached fifty but since then i have had silent migraines (just auras) and it does make my eyes sensitive to lights. My phone on occasions have triggered them too. I suffer with dry eyes and now take dry eye drops, which somehow seems to have reduced the auras!
    • Posted

Wow! I started with migraines when I was 3, and they changed from regular migraines to migraines with auras when I started middle school. Now I am 28 and still get them when I look at at a computer monitor without my glasses. It's super weird still how it works. I am just glad there is finally information about this. Thanks for the tips!

• Posted

Hi Brian,

I have silent migraine too and frequently find myself in a migraine state where one aura sets another off and I end up with a month's worth of attacks in one week. After an attack my brain feels supersensitive to sound, light and smell and my back and neck ache. I've just bought migraine light filter glasses ( not suitable for driving) to wear indoors when I get like this. Not sure if that might help your light sensitivity. Anne.

• Posted

Thanks for the response! This sounds exactly like me. They come in batches sometimes, and ruins an entire week. My eyes are feeling "off", which is driving me nuts. It doesn't help that I am a hypochondriac though haha. Thanks for the suggestions!

• Posted

If you do decide on migraine glasses for helping with looking at computer screens, watching TV etc. you can either get ones that fit over your own prescription glasses or you can get them made to your prescription. I bought Migralens glasses which go over my own prescription ones, they filter out red and green light so have a green lens with additional lenses fitted to the side arms to cut down on peripheral light. I'm currently going round local opticians begging them to include this feature with normal sunglasses as it makes such a difference. The Migralens are good but I have to put up with Barbie World for about 15 minutes when I take them off as everything goes pink after the green filter!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.