Sensitive Rectal Tissue from Fissue

Posted , 2 users are following.

I was diagnosed with anal fissure almost 3 years ago.  In my search for a doc that could help the 5th one was the ticket who prescribed a compound of nitroglycerin and lidocaine to be put in the anus every day.  It worked and I haven't had a cutting/bleeding episode but in retrospect I used it too long I fear.  Now when I have a BM the area surrounding the anus is sore and irritated and the usual emollients don't work.  Coconut oil, any oil, Calmoseptine, etc. all slightly burn.  The pain is not as severe as a cutting/bleeding episode but it is very uncomfortable and lasts all day long.  i feel like an adult with diaper rash.  So unhappy cause I thought the end of bleeding was the end of the problem.  I'm wondering if I have an equivalent of chemical burn from too much use of the prescription?  Anyone else have this or similar?  Appreciate any suggestions.  Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi Simone, so sorry about your problem. It sounds like Pruritus Ani. I had it in the past and was caused by over cleansing. Is it itchy? Stop all creams and soaps for a while and only use warm water for cleaning and perhaps some aqueous cream if needed. 

I hope it clears up soon! 

• Posted

Hi Debra

Thanks for replying.  I don't think it's from over cleansing though I'm now searching for the most pure, soothing soaps I can find.  And it's not from a lot of wiping either.  I actually wipe with a water-moistened tissue and just pat dry.  The irritation sets in almost immediately after a bowel movement.

What do you mean by 'aqueous' cream?  Can you recommend one?

thanks again for responding.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.