Sensitive skin

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi there is anyone else experiencing very sensitive skin post op? I'm 10 weeks post TAH and recovering well. I'm tired by mid afternoon but I have recently got this sore sensitive skin sensation especially around my back and abdomen. Is this menopausal? My hot flushes have lessened and I was wondering in this recent sensation was related to that. Feels almost like a flu muscular ache. Only seem to get it afternoons and evenings which does coincide with tiredness.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ah yes Sally!  My skin is very sensitive and sore around my back but especially my abdomen.  I find even my nighty or bedding touching my tummy really 'hurts'/puts me on edge, although hurts is not the word.  I can't describe it.  Very very tender.  Mine is worse when I go to bed, so maybe when I am tired also.

I am 4 1/2 weeks post op TAH.  I also get very tired by mid afternoon and sometimes dose off n the chair, although I try not to.  I don't know why I resist though, it's not doin any harm!

• Posted

Oh, and my skin is also itchy.  Do you have that problem?
    • Posted

Hi Kath. Yes at your stage I was very itchy around the abdomen but even though it itched, if I scatched I couldn't feel a thing. How weird was that? I had a bikini line incision and apparently that cuts through nerves. Still a bit numb but have regained some sensation. Your right though, that sensitivity is hard to define - it sort of hurts but doesn't really. I still can't work out if these are menopausal sensations or post op. Good to know I'm not alone.
  • Posted

Im 12 days post op, and for the past two/three days I've had itchy back around my shoulder blades? Mainly first thing in the morning or last thing at night x
  • Posted

Hi Sally.It could be related to the quick onset of menopause.I am 3 weeks post op with ovaries removed and i am itching like mad.Also i am shedding more skin than snakes at an annual snake shedding competition.When i undress it looks like I am in a snow globe.Using loads of aftersun and body lotion twice a day.Also keep getting headaches and feeling dizzy.I have been on HRT for about 10 months now and all of the above has only started since my operation,but glad to say the HRT has still kept the moodiness,hot flushes and night sweats at bay.Take care,Sharon x
    • Posted

Hi Sharon. I kept my ovaries but it's taking time for them to work as it takes months for prostap (on to try and reduce my massive fibroid) to wear off. There is still a poss that ovaries will never work and my GP reckons at best I'll get 2 years out of them. So not been offered HRT due to hope of ovaries coming to life. I had dry itchy skin at 4-6 weeks post op but that has improved. Winter weather and central heating doesn't help! Thanks for your post. I too suspect my sore skin is a menopausal issue. Makes me feel awful towards the end of the afternoon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.