Sensitive to Heat and Sun

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hello Ladies,

I am wondering if any women out there in Perimenopause/Menopause are experiencing sensitivities to Heat and The Sun. I never got rashes before out in the sun until now. If I wear black pants it holds in the heat and causes rashes and hives. If I don't wear black in the sun I am somewhat fine. When I take a shower my skin turns red as soon as heat touches it...really crazy. Please let me know ladies if you are experiencing this at all... My anxiety is through the roof. But Dr. said I am not in Menopause....but I believe I am in Perimenopause...Thank You Ladies😊

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I don't think your post completed, but referring to the title I am definitely sensitive to the heat and sun. It really has started the past few years. If I am out in the sun for too long I get very lightheaded and woozy. As for the heat, we don't get along, lol. I get warm all over and honestly just don't feel right. I feel like I can't do much of anything when it is hot. I have my AC set at 69 and it's still too warm (thankfully my family likes it cooler too)! I really want to move to the Artic!

• Posted

Hi Laurie,

I am sensitive now to the heat. If I wear black pants and sit in the sun for a while I start to get red underneath my pants and a rash!!!! its crazy this has never happened to me before. One time I got hives its so weird. Do you ever get red skin like a rash in the sun or hives? or does your skin get red in hot shower? My never use to and now it does....Thank You Laurie...this peri stuff is a nightmare for all of us....I wish I had a magic wand to heal us all😊

• Posted

hi Lori, you sound just like me, I think I have it set at 74. I did look into this and when the temperature spikes so does our cortisol hormone. we had to take a huge shade tree in our yard out several years back as it was rotted, how I miss that tree now, the sun hits that side of the house for a good seven hours. and I love how you said or a joke about moving to the Arctic, I do that all the time. I live in a state which is very hot and humid in the summer and I keep saying literally that I want to move. i’m just concerned as to where I would move and what my career would be there or work I would find. for some reason Oregon has been popping in my mind for a few years, probably because the sun doesn’t shine there as much 😉 I actually find myself in the summer in the air conditioning constantly unless I go to the store etc. And I cannot handle doing the yardwork and gardening that I used to in prior years, very disappointing:(

• Posted

hi shana,

yes definitely. since peri set in i can no longer be in the sun and heat can cause me such illness im on the floor. I don't understand it but i know its somehow from peri.

i used to be able to sit outside in 40 degree heat and read no problem now i can't even deal with the cooler spring sun.

Im as pale as anything and unwell looking because I'm now indoors all the time.

Also its not just outside heat. its if i exercise and my body temp goes up i cant cope. it stops me from exercising and with peri and HRT and meds the weight keeps coming making me really unhappy

its just a vicious cycle. if you figure it out let me know lol all i can offer you is that you're not alone and i feel for you.

• Posted

Hi Shylee,

That is awful. Do you ever get hives out in the sun when wearing black clothes? I also get really red in a hot shower like I never use to before. Its really weird. I wish it would all just go away. Yes I have gained weight to as well. I gained 25lbs in the last year and its been the Roughest year of my life...My mother never warned me about Perimenopause I wish she did....I will let you know once I figure it out....😊🙏

• Posted

Hi Sana,

I'm not sure why but i'm not seeing all of the post you have typed up. But to answer the part that I can see, no I don't get hives when i'm out in the sun. Mostly nothing can be seen on the outside, maybe my face goes a little red. I have ended up with a few sores that never go away on my face. one above my eyebrow and a smaller one a little higher up and over to the right just before my hairline. Its like a red patch that feels forever painful like a burn. It hurts more if the sun gets to it so i have block out on it but it never seems to heal. That is something else i have noticed with peri for me anyway not sure about anyone else. wounds and scars dont heal as well anymore .

Mainly if i am out in the sun or heat my skin burns and i don't mean just the feeling of sunburn, its my nerves that burn even up my nostrils making every breath feel like ice and fire is going up my nose. I dont know if anyone can relate. Honestly I have been an absolute mess through peri but I'm learning to live with it as long as i can keep most of the worst symptoms at bay. No one ever told me Peri could be like this.

• Posted

Hi Shylee,

Yes I don't know why my posts are not coming up. Yes no one ever told me either how bad Perimenopause can actually be!! It's crazy and scary how our body changes. Its really hard to understand. Drs. are not educated enough to help us through this..... It's really hard to know if It's Perimenopause or other issues that women are going through....The Sun and Heat Intolerance really bothers me..I hope you feel better soon😊

• Posted

I have the exact same sores on my face that you described in the exact location!!! I read alot of your other posts and realize I have a lot of similar symptoms as you. I am 42. this all started for me at 40. I had the head shocks (or zaps or whatever) and woke up one morning with my right arm feeling very weak and heavy. my arm has recovered mostly except I still get off/on pain. I also experience pain down my right side down to my foot. My arm also feels like it's shaky or about to be shaky but not really visible. all this comes and goes. I also get bad headaches, head pressure and the feeling that something is in my ear. ugh. I still have 5 young children to care for 14-4 so I would really love for all this to disappear and never come back. I am praying for that to happen! anyways I was shocked to read about your sores in the exact same place as mine and the same. very strange symptoms.

• Posted

wow Kelle, that really is weird that the sores are in the exact same place. i put it down to that part of my face is exposed to the sun and light all the time when I'm driving. perhaps that's why its the same area. I put block out on but doesn't seem to matter.

yes it awful. i can't imagine going through it all with a bunch of kids under foot.wow. my kids are grown up and i have the grandkids. i just turned 50 but i have been going through peri for many yrs.

Are you on anything? I really wish i had been able to go through all this natural but i tried so many things and just got worse. I had to try whatever i could in the end. I'm in no way 100% infact today/tonight is a really off in pain night but the. medication helos me loads and i can get up and do things now but i do hate being on medication and the fact they make me put on weight upsets me. but i haveto accept it because life wasn't worth living for me before. i hope you find some relief soon.

• Posted

hi kelle,

sorry I don't think my last posts addressed the brain zaps and waking up with your right arm having problems and your right side.

it sounds very much like what happened to me although mine is left sided and it went on for a very long time years in fact with doctors not listening to me it got to the point where my left arm was useless all the skin sensations were wrong it felt wet and heavy it was an awful feeling and very painful in the shoulder and then when all the peri symptoms hit I got incredible left sided skin burning over my face head neck jaw left arm left foot throat and tongue and a tight band around my throat and all of my scalp.

I was given a lot of pain medication to try. like Tramadol and then was given gabapentin and similar but I had too many terrible side effects as I suffer from terrible migraines as well in the end I was given carbamazepine and after about 2 weeks I noticed the brain zaps weren't happening very often and the issues with my left arm and burning started to subside eventually it mostly stopped within about 3 weeks to a month I take carbamazepine twice a day and I haven't increased the dose since I started and so far I don't get it unless I forget a dose or at that peak moment when I'm having a cycle sort of the week before and during and the burning breaks through the medication but then it goes back to normal so it's tolerable. carbamazepine is an anti epileptic medication why it works for me I don't know but I'm grateful that it does I'm not telling you to go on carbamazepine that's something you will need to talk to her with your doctor and if you're in the UK as I'm in Australia it may come under a different name I guess it's worth talking to your doctor about especially since you have the children it would be very difficult to look after them under your circumstances. just to let you know the doctor also put me on an antidepressant medication and something to help me sleep as I suffer insomnia because the antidepressant he said is used as a pain medication in combination with other medications because I don't like antidepressants I have tried to come off it and when I have I noticed pain coming back in my jaw and pressure in my head so I'm still on it eventually I will try and come off it again I don't believe the antidepressant is really necessary but the withdrawal side effects make it a bit difficult to tell I take mirtazapine in a very tiny dose maybe once or twice

• Posted

histamine intolerance, its causes heat intolerance, histamine also increases estrogen and vice virsa xx

• Posted

YES! i can not be in the sun for long periods or even exercise, because my feet turn really hot and red. Im not diabetic so that has been ruled out. I think this part of peri. My anxiety it is also bad 😦 especially when I go to the doctors and find no answers.

• Posted

Hi Menval,

Yes I totally understand. I have been round the mount with So many drs. for the last year....its been really crazy...It makes my anxiety go up when I have no answers....Its really amazing to me that this is no clinic that specializes in peri/menopause!! I pray that this goes away for you and your mind is at ease😊

• Posted

😃 hope you get better soon. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.