Sensitive to so many antibiotics

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone ever taken for a flare? : BRAND NAME(S): Biaxin. USES: Clarithromycin is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. This medication can also be used in combination with anti-ulcer medications to treat certain types of stomach ulcers. ... Clarithromycin is known as a macrolide antibiotic.

Flagyl causes me horrible side affects including head jerking? BAD dizziness !

The others I can't take at all not even bactrim.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

hi i cant take bactrim or any drug that has sulfur in it. out of nowhere i developed an allergy to it. i break out in hives. its common to develop allergies to things as you get older that never bothered you before. now a few things bother me since being in full menopause at 42 years of age.

sometimes im light headed for no reason I know of. i have also had swollen turbinates (those red things in your nose) for the last 6 months. passed an allergy test, had ct scans, ruled out sinusitis. dr believes its the weather. i live in Illinois.

certain foods bother my stomach and im tired sometimes because of insomnia. menopause can cause sensitivities to a lot of things. the hormones are responsible for how your body functions. there is so many families of antibiotics hopefully your dr.can find something else you can tolerate.

• Posted

Hi Carol,I am extremely sensitive to antibiotics. 12 years ago I had a very bad reaction to an antibiotic, and after that any antibiotic that I take I get a rash, extremely nauseated and feel unwell. I never had this prior to all that.I actually went for allergy testing which I waited a year to get in and he assured me that the reaction I had would not lead to a severe reaction.I still pray I dont get an infection and try to do as much as I can naturally.

• Posted

How do you keep an infection away? I mean I don't eat ANYTHING as far as I know that i'm not suppose too. Do you ever get stomach cramps and dirreah days and such , or any twinges of pain? SHARE please anything you can. I still haven't taken an antibotic. I got scared tonight after the 3 hours ruins 4 days ago and havent went well since sorry for tmi but just a few like mice ninnlings and only like two so it threw me into a panic thinking I have a blockage so I drink down 8 ounces of prune juice tonight I hope it don't cramp me cause on top of what I already have. I was afraid I was blocked and I took magnesium.

Has anyone handled an actual flare without antibiotics? ** I so hate this disease!

Jacob, how are you healing up?

• Posted

are you constipated ? occasionally i have diarreah or lose stool. that comes from certain foods. during menopause a lot of woman have digestive problems because of the fluctuated hormones. i drink ginger tea. i buy the tea or sometimes cut up raw ginger root and boil it and it soothes cramping and bloating. if i may ask what are you experiencing that you think you may need an antibiotic? do you have health anxiety? just asking because that plays a role in how our gut functions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.