Sensitiveness in the previously operated leg after new operation in the other hip

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello,

I had a THR operation from my right hip 10 days ago. Everything is normal but I have started feeling sensitiveness and some pain in my previously operated hip.

Has anybody experienced a similar situation, what can be the reason for this?

Thanks

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I wonder if this could be linked to how you are walking.It is likely that your other hip was taking more than it's share of work in the months before the surgery and now.

It's early days but I suggest that you keep up your exercises and pay attention to walking in a balanced way with a good gait. Do this and hopefully everything will fall into place.

Cheers

Richard

• Posted

Just a further point I urge you to not be too impatient to get rid of your crutches or sticks. What is important is that you have built up your muscles and are walking in a balanced manner with a good gait first.

Good luck

Richard

• Posted

If you don't mind me asking how long in between each surgery. I had my left hip done in March of this year and the right hip July 5th I also experiencing some pain in the left hip I ask the therapist today and he said it was probably because the left was taking most of my weight and the left was not fully healed yet. But it should work itself out as I continue doing my exercises and start putting more weight on my right hip. Best of luck to you and a speedy recovery

• Posted

Afternoon Desire. Welcome to the hip forum. Where exactly are you having sensitivity? I started having pain and sensitivity on my thigh. Groin pain and stiffness in hip. I'm almost a year out. I've been researching and I know it's the femoral cutaneous nerve. Possibly trapped. Not sure why. Could be scar tissue or damaged. God's blessings to you for a speedy recovery and healing. Hugs 🤗. Linda

• Posted

dear desire, 

As previous members already mentioned: it could be that your old new hip is not completely healed yet and taking on the eight and support for the new hip.. 

I had 2 THR surgeries 6 months apart - first Right hip annd while healing, left hip got so painful that I had to rely on right hip to keep me balanced and moving -

Please share a little bit more about yourself ... love to hear from you ..

how are you getting on therwise?

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Hello,

Thank you all for your valuable inputs.

I had my first THR in may 2015,at age 51, it was a very good operation and eveything went well for a year.

Then my right hip started aching and troubling me.

The doctors advised me to have the second operation.

So I had THR from my right hip in July 2017.

Now after 14 days ı feel fine, can walk with one crutch and Hope to get well soon.

The only thing that troubles me is the sensation and stiffness I feel in my previously operated leg.

But your comments gave me some relief.

Thank you))

• Posted

hi desire, 

okay ... I think it is still normal that there is some stiffness and discomfort in your old new hip, or, as you put it, the sensation of ... 

the time leading up to the 2nd surgery that leg had to compensate for the detoriating other side and slowly started to  get overburdened, so to speak - 

I remember how many muscles in my body that I was unaware of, made their prresence known while recovering ... 

When is your follow up appointment?  Where there x-rays taken of both hips after 2nd THR?  

2 weeks, as you know, is still early in recovery, so give it some time - 

it is all about learning how to walk (properly) again - and that takes time, darling ...

of course, when pain gets worse, contact your surgeon -

angel blessings

• Posted

Thank you,

It is so nice to have your supporting

Comments and Feedback.

I Hope it will get much better with time.

All the best

Desire

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.