sensitivity to certain frequencies or noises

Posted , 3 users are following.

Does anyone have sensitivvity to certain voices or freqencies?..if so have any of you had the operation the takes everythign out and how has it worked as far as the sensitivies to frequencies?....certain noises or music or voices actually are not exaclty painful but annoying to hear....im just wondering if the operation relieves the dizzies as well as thenoise sensitivity?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bluesmann,

Yes!  I'm very sensitive to certain voices and frequencies....It seems like I have the most difficulty with people with high,loud voices:  They hurt my ears...  Also, in coffee shops and restaurants, when people drag out the metal chairs....ouch!  It's like a very loud scratching/squeaking that really kills my ears.  And bells!  I used to love bells and wind chimes....but now they are hard to listen to. 

It's ironic to be hard of hearing and yet so sensitive to certain sounds, at the same time.  I always keep a set of ear plugs in my purse - I find that I need them in movie theatres and in restaurants where they play certain kinds of music. 

I can't tell you whether surgery helps...I would imagine that a labyrinthectomy would, since it's essentially taking away the hearing altogether.  

• Posted

exaclty my thought...i am a musician not by trade but i do get paid to play......andman it had taken away that joy at certain times...sometimes with an earplug io amfine but for me it would be worth the operation if i knew it would take away the sensistivity as sometimes the noise i think brgins onthe dizziness....

thanks

• Posted

I been wondering this my self cause if it would stop all this I would tell them take it all out. Bluesmann
    • Posted

same here so if anyone can let us know if the labyrinthectomy removes the sensistivity to noise and certsain frequencies please let us know as that would help my decision to hacve the fact to be deaf in that ear but no more irritating vibration...

Thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.