Sensitivity to light? Dizziness when in dim light?

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all, does anyone get dizzy when in dim light or when you're in a dim area but the background is bright? Also is bright light like a sunny day hard on your eyes?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

When i was having vertigo attacks from MD in early 2015 my eyes were supersensitive. Had to wear sunglasses whenever i went outside. Not such an issue now with Betahistine medication although sometimes in the evening I find I cannot read or continue to watch tv as my eyes get sensitive and I have to go to bed. You could suggest MD to your doctor but you need all the following symptoms for MD - low frequency hearing loss, tinnitus and aural fullness(ie feeling of pressure in one ear) all in one ear along with vertigo episodes. A hearing test is the first step to checking for MD as they are looking for low frequency hearing loss in one ear.
    • Posted

Thank you Terry. I do have all those and high blood pressure. My light headedness isn't for 10 mins at a time though I'm light headed and groggy the majority of the time and it does come and go a bit but have been for the last 3 or 4 months with an occasional dizzy spell for a few seconds once in a blue moon.

• Posted

I have been this way for about a week. I thought it might be a air pressure issue . Lots of storms right now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.