Separated AC Clavicle in the 3rd degree 30 years ago and now getting dull pain

Posted , 1 user is following.

I am having problems with my shoulder from an injury that happened 30 years ago. I had an AC clavicle separation in the 3rd degree 30 years ago and after so many years, I have been getting dull pain. During the day I can handle the pain, but at night, it is a different story. The pain wakes me up and I have a hard time having a full night sleep. I wake up like if I did not sleep enough. Back when I separated my clavicle I did not have surgery to put it back and now I have a bone sticking out of my shoulder. I also did not do that much therapy and I feel that that is why I am getting pain now. Other than pain medicine, what could alleviate my pain at night? I used to take so many pain medicine that I started having side effects like seeing bright lights, tiredness and many others. I think that I was overdosing on pain medicine at the time so I stopped taking them. Is there a medical condition where people with an AC clavicle separation in the 3 degree would start getting pain after 30 years and why after so many years? Thank you so much in advance.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.