Septated Complex cyst with internal vascularity and mural irregularity – terrified , please help

Posted , 8 users are following.

I was diagnosed with large cyst 11 x 13x 16, according to my transvaginal ultrasound report : it is a complex cystic mass with internal septations. Some of the septations have internal  vascularity and there is some mural irregularity. I am totally freak out from this description which is awful and seems to be malignant. My CA 125 is 18, but it may not be accurate to detect the early stage ovarian cancer.

My surgery was scheduled on Feb 23, i couldn’t help thinking of what if malignant, and how quick the cancerous cells can spread. I am feeling normal, only sometimes slight discomfort from lower abdomen.  

I am also so afraid of the side effects of taking HRT, don’t want to remove all my female organs. I am 43, still have regular period.

Any one have similar experience, please share, advise, and help.

Thank you in advance!!!

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am Martha, Beth's partner replying, since I am the one who set up her profile,

etc. I can understand why you are worried, but your CA 125 is normal. Have you

asked your doctor what the results mean in layman's terms? If you know what they

mean, then you will have a better understanding of what will happen during your

surgery. It is possible to leave enough of one of your ovaries intact, so you won't

go through menopause early. I hope everything turns out fine.

• Posted

Hi Martha, yeah my CA 125 is normal, but this test is accurate to detect the early stage ovarian cancer.

?How is Baugie doing? i read your message in an other post. i hope everything turns out ok for her, and i'll pray for her.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.