Septated ovarian cyst

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all, I'm hoping someone Mey be able to help, my ultrasound and internal scan came back as follows:

Uterius 10cm by 5.7 cm by 6cm with a posterior subserosal fibroid 2.3 by 2.6 cm,

Endometrium 6.6 mm,

Left overy 5.5 cm by 3.4 by 3.7 cm Septated cyst.

My periods have been healthy since sterilised in 2006 but this past 8 months heavier and the past 3 maths constant, also with the past 2 maths extreme bloating and tiredness and having to use the toilet a lot! My gp order the Ca125 and it came back the next morning ok but I can't shake the worry, has anyone got any similar experience?

Many thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had a septated cyst, around 30cm removed. They advised me they suspected it was malignant, however it wasn't it was borderline. Truth is they don't actually know until the cyst is removed and tested. It's difficult but try not to worry or google as it really doesn't help. Good luck xx
    • Posted

Thank you sue47868, I'm not sure what to expect as the doctor has put my referrel through to hospital as urgent, I hope your ok and thank you for your reply x
    • Posted

Yeah I got those as well. They alarm you with urgent appointments but it is standard that they do that. It's a year since my surgery and all is good x
  • Posted

please send me your contact danielHeheals...I need speak on fone with you as regards the herbs
  • Posted

Hi , I seen the consultant at the hospital and she said the cyst is classed as complex and how it needs to be removed and put me down as urgent for the operation. She said how she will try keyhole but will investigate via the camera first and I may need to be cut instead of keyhole but she won't know till the day. Has anyone had anything simular as I'm very worried. Many thanks

• Posted

Yep.. Going through this now. 

Was told my cyst was complex - I saw the mural nodule - which, frankly, scared the hell out of me... and I do have a septation.

Got repeat TVUS - still there..

Took ca 125... it was good... no free fluid.  No blood flow...

I still got scared enough and tired enough of waiting... Going in next week to say goodbye to my last ovary... and hope that it's not cancer.

Same for you, Lucy... Keep posting and I will try to do the same.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.