Septoplasty Recovery Time

Posted , 2 users are following.

Description:Hi, I need help deciding whether to go through with Septoplasty/Bilateral Inferior Turbinoplasty. My deviated septum isn't that bad, but I'd like to have surgery at some point. I'm just very nervous about if now is the right time. I am scheduled for surgery at the end of this week. I was expecting to be pretty miserable for a couple of days, but recently i was told to take the entire next week off from work. That isn't a problem, but I have an extremely important test coming up in about a month. I know you can't really tell me exactly how I will feel next week, but i was wondering if anyone could tell me if they would expect me to be able to put in time studying next week. Because I cannot afford to take the week off from that. If anyone could help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I just had a septoplasty about a week ago. Everyone's experience will be different, but you should be able to study, but probably not for a few days, since you will likely have a considerate amount of bleeding and you may feel like you have a cold (it wasn't too bad for me). I see you posted this 5 days ago, have you already had this procedure done? I would like to hear what you have experienced becasue I'm in a similar situation (if you don't mind sharing). I had a total loss of smell and taste for 6 days post-op, it was scary. It's gotten a it better but my senses are still not at 100% and it just feels unnerving and worrying. Other than that, the pain has been minimal.

I've personally been able to study after the operation, but not until day 3 or so. I wish you luck on your surgery!! biggrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.