Septoplasty, smr inferior turbinates

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello im a 29 yo female and i was referred to a ENT doctor for a deviated septum . i hAD to do a CT SCAN and i had my appointment today about it . he said my nasal wall is bad and its crooked . he wants to do surgery . has anyone had this done? im scared ! i dont want to die either by being put under . if u had this what was it like? im a mouyh breather bc i cant really breathe out my righy side .

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hiya,

I had mine done 5 years ago there is nothing to worry about if your doctor is good at what he or she does,but as always getting a second opinion is not a bad Idea,you are not going to die by being put under,when I woke up I just got dressed and went home really not much pain at all,it made a big difference for me ,as I was a mouth breather also,mine was due to breaking my nose two many times

doing karate at a young age,it will make a big difference in your life if once again done properly by a competent doctor.

Best

• Posted

i have to b there like hour n half before n bout hour n half after . how long was u off work? im scared . will it change your nose at all he saus it wouldnt . i would b on pain meds too after . can u take something fir anxiety before being put under ? he said they could give me sumn but i dont want it tgdn die lol

• Posted

Niki,

Look you will be fine,everybody would be scared with something they never have experienced,but from mine it was okay,as i said very little pain and no your nose will not change in any way and yes get something for your anxiety and as your doctor said you will be there an hour and a half after as i was and that is just to make sure that antistia has worn off and then you are good to go,so good stay well you will do fine,I'm sure someone will be there with for support.

Best,

• Posted

Hi

Did you end up having the surgery? How did it go? Was it only a septoplasty or was there also a turbinates resection?

Cheers

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.