Serc medication for other things rather than vertigo?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Just wondering if anybody had been on serc (vertigo) medication for conditions other than vertigo? Maybe for brain fog or anxiety or lightheadness? I was on it but I don't have vertigo but found it helped for focus and lightheadness

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Travis

What is serc? My neurologist prescribed Zoloft (sertraline) 25mg for anxiety. I suffer with swaying..pressure on head...naseousness at times because the swaying is too intense . This is all day every day. I've had MRIs..seen several ENT.. had equilibrium test ..hearing test...and normal . My neck hurts so bad at times..my last neurologist prescribed topamax 50mg for headaches ..it helps but once in a while I get this headache that lasts a few days ...about almost 2 weeks or more. My cardiologist thinks maybe it's my hormones . I've asked my Gyno about that but she said no ... but he's going to have my Gyno check hormones. Sorry for that extra info. Might help someone.. I pray we all get healed

• Posted

By the way ... I stopped Zoloft after 3 weeks ... I noticed my blood pressure dropping ( diastolic number,bottom number) I could be wrong but it was low often.. now it's not often..once in a while .

• Posted

Serc is betahistine. But all doctors refer to it as serc for slang. It's for ear diseases.But Did zoloft help with the swaying? My neck just feels weak or numb at times but doesn't pain . I don't have swaying but very very hard to focus and lightheaded and head feels heavy

• Posted

I went to ER not long ago cause of palpitations and Dr prescribed me that . But I never took it. I always check with my PCP and cardiologist before taking anything any other Dr ( not mine) prescribe me. I was really sick with cold and went to urgent care and Dr said I had mild bronchitis and prescribed albuterol , an inhaler ..but I knew not to take it cause it causes rapid heart.. I use to work in pharmacy. Sure enough I mentioned it to my Cardio and he said no don't take that ..it will cause palpitations.

Zoloft ...i felt it was doing something for me.. But but like I said ... I noticed my BP dropping. I doesn't say that's a side effect but everyone is different. My sister took Zoloft like 10 years ago and helped her. It helped me with the anxiety ..a little..i wasn't on it that long..but my other symptoms were still there ..maybe not as bad either . I've tried wellbutrin and that didn't help.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.