Serious anxiety attacks everyday and can't fight anymore

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have suffered with anxiety attacks for a few years now and have been so close to suicide. I can't breath or swallow. I seriously feeling like I'm gona swallow my tongue. Tightness in chest, throat and mouth never go and stay with me all the time. Need help so badly but no one round me understands how serious they attacks are. This is my first time on here and my hope is to meet people that suffer major anxiety attacks everyday like me. So I have people near me going through same things so I won't feel so alone and afraid all the time. I feel like there going to kill me and can't think of anything else to try. Please help me. Xx

2 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Emma first off you not alone iv only been on here a day and already feel better reading what other people are going through and some if the advise giving on here is very helpful anxiety is a horrible thing and I also feel the people around me don't understand and are prob sick of hearing about sometimes I wish they could spend a day in my shoes to understand but there are things iv found that do help iv found some meditation vids online that iv found helpful also I few people on here have spoke about headspace app exercise and eating better
    • Posted

Thanks hun. I just feel so alone I know how you feel saying people don't understand and get annoyed. It's so horrible I'm scared all the time xx just wish I had someone thats going through it too so I'm beating it with someone that understands me xx
    • Posted

We'll I'm happy to chat to you over the time iv had anxiety iv looked things up iv never found anything same as mine I get my symptoms from second I wake up untill I fall asleep even in my sleep I jolt awake I get a itching feeling in my chest drives me mad also feels like I have lump in my throat chest pains all day over the past week I have been able to control things a bit better with some if the things iv told you to try I know a weeks not a long time but it is when iv not had a break from this in years lol
    • Posted

I know exactly what your saying. I get mine from min I wake up til I finally fall asleep. Tightness in my throat cheat and mouth. Tickling feeling in my throat where I psyically make myself gag or choke. Can't breath properly or swallow. Constantly on edge everyday waiting for it to happen all over again. I'm so scared all the time. Feeling like I'm fighting it cos I dont want to die x
    • Posted

I know it's horrible uv been through all they things been scared to go to sleep incase I don't wake up and even if I did manage to relax and I felt normal I'd then get a fright because I didn't feel any of that so it would make it worse never ending on YouTube the meditation vids do help about 30 mins long just find a place to sit or lay down listen to it just teaches you to relax and day dream for a bit it's not something I ever thought I'd be into but iv enjoyed it and I feel aswell as meds you need to get yourself better to or your just covering a problem with medication I was at the point that I was scared to be on my own and was calling my mum on a daily basis asking her to come sit with me (28 yr old man) lol it sucks but u can and will get better
    • Posted

You aernt alone I feel the same way until I got on here.. My family don't listen or my husband.. They aernt supportive & just ignore me.. I feel so alone myself.. My anxiety makes me so sick.. Especially my digestive system.. I hate this anxiety too cause I get strong heart beats at times & it's scary.. When I start feeling panicky of scared I have to keep it to myself cause my family don't care .. It's very hard but this site has helped me to feel so better knowing I'm not alone in this fight
    • Posted

Hi Nicole. As much as we are feeling alone we're not completely cos this site has lots of people suffering similar things. See where I live it's small u would think u could find someone that suffers everyday from anxiety attacks like u do but there dnt seem to be anyone sad I have my bf and my younger bro but they just tell me to chill and don't worry u won't die. But they don't understand it feels like it's gona kill u xx
    • Posted

Yea I get you.. I live in a small Texas town that we just moved too.. & even though I love it here I haven't met anyone yet & my family isn't supportive.. My brothers live 8 hours from me & my mom just tells me I'll b ok too.. I barely see her but my husband it's a whole story too,. he's the only one here besides my kids but I don't wanna show them what I'm feeling even tho sometimes they do.. I always think something's wrong with me because of all my symptoms .. And they're all so scary but I now know it's anxiety but it's still scary.. And yes it's great being able to talk to other people about this that know .. The biggest mistake is talking to people who know nothing about it
    • Posted

Yeah Nicole, talking to my family they tell me to try harder, u know its not gona kill u so why let it take over your life? I let it take over cos they don't understand that fighting these attacks are hard it's scary and really makes u feel like rubbish and feel like it's gona kill u. People say blow into a paper bag but that makes me feel worse. I keep being told to breath in for your nose for short and out through your mouth for longer. But this causes me to focus on my breathing which then puts me into an attack xx
    • Posted

Well honestly it's been hard for me too.. I pray.. Yesterday started using oils (lavender) & I haven't had a bad panic attack in a long while where my heart races out of my chest BUT I do get anxiety.. Like the beginning of an attack like I get paranoid but when it starts I close my eyes & tell myself.. Ok this has happened several times.. & I'm ok! Breathe & repeat it .. & I have found even though it's still a scary feeling.. It helps! Cause we are not alone.. There's some people that have it worse.. It's still hard but it's crazy how much talking on here helps too
    • Posted

I do find it good talking to others that have anxiety attacks too. Cos what u say to them they understand and know how u feel. Mine unfortunately haven't gone well at all today. Felt so bad wanted to walk out of work today. But didn't I just kept going toilet and trying to calm myself to the best I could and then went back. It's so scary. I keep telling myself one day il be strong enough to beat this and get my life back to how it was before these horrible attacks xx
  • Posted

You are not alone and it is so exhausting at times. Are you on any meds? Maybe a good idea and then learn cbt so when you wean off the meds you have tools to get this under control. Im wondering if you have seen a gastroenterologist some of the symptoms you noted i have had and i have bad reflux, esophogitis and have had gut yeast that refluxed and needed diflucan to kill the yeast. Yeast btw causes anxiety attacks as well. A good probiotic is a great idea until you see the gastroenterologist doc. Even if its anxiety it can wreck your gut and be a viscious cycle. Anxiety attacks do not kill you but they absolutely can cause health issues as the years go by. You absolutely need to learn and embrace cbt and great idea to learn mindful breathing. I have been living with this for over twenty years so i speak from experience.you will learn that when you accept the bodies reaction to panic and almost observe the reactions without allowing the mind to fear them they absolutely calm themselves down, but cbt teaches you more and how to do that. Good luck and dont be so hard on yourself.
    • Posted

Hi Lisa yes I'm on meds. But doctor desperately wants me off the meds. Over here it's hard to find CBT people. I found one through a psychologist I used to see and then every appointment I had he would cancel the day before and then give times he knew I was working on so couldn't go. Now he's turned round and said he can't do mornings he can't do Friday or weekends. That straight away screws everything up as I work 12pm-9.30pm and he knows this. Over here there's not much that doesn't cost so much money per appointment. I turn so hard but end up trying to fight them cos I feel like I'm gona die even tho I know u can't die through them it feels so real xx
  • Posted

Oh Emma, I really feel for you! cry

You are definitely not alone - but I do think you need more help that this forum on its own can provide. (Though it's a great tool). 

If you are feeling suicidal you really need to seek help from your doctor and tell them exactly how you feel. (Also, is there anyone that you trust that you can talk to about all this, as having someone physically there to help and support you will really help. 

Believe me when I say that you are much stronger than you think you are - posting on here to strangers says a lot about that - you feel awful, but you want to get help - not give up.

You do not need to do this on your own, but you may find that your doctor thinks it good to go on meds. I have fought this in the past, but they do have a place in the recovery, as they can help you see more logically and clearly, which in turn helps you deal with your other issues as well. 

Also (I don't mean to put words in your mouth - but this is how I felt),,,, please never feel like you are mad. I was terrified of seeking advice and help for years, as I was terrified people would think me mad and just put me away in an asylum or something. But that wasn't the case. 

Mental illness is a very complicated thing and the professionals are there to help you. 

Please also be honest with them. It will take a lot out of you, but remember that they can't help you effectively if you aren't honest with them. (Remember that they can't feel what you are feeling, they have to interpret from what you tell them). So tell it like it is, don't down-play it as it'll only mean you take longer to recover. And believe me, you WILL recover. 

Take care.  

• Posted

I currently have the exact same symptoms, Ive tred 8 different meds and self medicated through alcohol. I  am debating between a psychiatrist or internal medicicne any suggestions? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.