serious health problem

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello, i am a 20 year old male and have been having problems for a few years now. They were quote managable untill about 6 moths ago when i started to really go down hill. I am now pretty much house bound, symptoms are fatigue, swollen lymph nodes in groin for 3 years, muscle wasting, weakness, twitching, spasms and tingling as well as being really tight also nerve pain from neck into both arms. General feeling of being unwell, constant stomach pain and pain when eating, always constipated and bloated as well as having chronic neck pain and stiffness. It literally feels like my body is shutting down, i have had blood tests done which have came back normal. Any ideas? Im very desperate!

0 likes, 37 replies

37 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Well for one thing Aiden I do believe that you do need to see a doctor, and not delay doing it.

There is no point in anyone speculating what the root cause of your problem might be, and that is why you need to seek professional help now.

Anything else would be guesswork, and might make things worse for you.

• Posted

i have told my gp about all this and how in the last 6 months i have been getting worse i have also been to a&e a few times but they just take bloods and tell me im fine. I have no idea what else i can do
    • Posted

Aiden it sounds like this is becoming a real problem for you.

You might not be aware that it is your right to ask for and be given a second opinion by another doctor, which in this case might be a good idea.

I think you should return to your GP and stress that things are not getting any better for you and you do need help.

If your doctor cannot provide that help then ask to see someone who can.

Just do not allow yourself to be side-tracked.

Best wishes

• Posted

Yea i have been considering seeing another doctor because my current doctor thinks because i am young its nothing serious which really bugs me because he wont send me for tests or scans
    • Posted

Then that it in itself is something to latch on to and don't let go until something meaningful is done about it.

If it was me, regardless of our age differences I would not allow any doctor to fob me off if I needed help and it was my right to get it.

• Posted

Have you considered Myalgic Encephalopathy
  • Posted

I really do think that you should take Andrews anyway and double the dose as they are great for getting the system working properly. You osund sluggish anyway and liver salts will help your liver to deal with all this. 
  • Posted

If you have been for blood tests then it is likely that nothing major is wrong. But it sounds as if you are not eating regular with loosing weight. It is important to have three meals per day and not starve ourselves, as you say it is painful to eat I wonder if you are starving yourself. 
    • Posted

No im not starving myself, in the last six months my food intake hasnt changed. But i am always hungry, even after a meal. I am also pretty sure the weight i have lost is muscle because I had a lot of muscle in my arms and legs and now there skin and bone
  • Posted

Also i dont know if this is related to any of this but 3 years ago when all these problems started to appear i was injured pretty bad during a football match. I fractured my sternum, bruised ny heart, tore aload of muscles in my neck and shoulder as well. My sternum and neck never healed right because i went back to sports about 5 weeks after this happend and i have gotten hit in these places a lot over these 3 years. could any of this be related?
    • Posted

i would say most definatly yes , 

see a homeopath include this info unlike doctors this is useful infomation

which they will use to find out whats wrong . make sure they are registered . they will listen to all your symptoms including past history and

take all sorts into consideration including injurys .doctors only treat symptoms . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.