serious left breast/chest pain and palpitations taking my breath away :( :( so scared!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Please can someone help reassure me for the past hour iv had left breast shooting pain and keep getting random thuds in middle of chest as tho my heart is taking big beats or kinda like missing a beat? My left arm keeps having shooting aching pains in it and I'm really scared im not having a panic attack but I really do believ something bad is gunna happen to me like a heart attack or something sad I suffer with what my doctor says is anxiety I do not believe for a second anxiety can cause all these symptoms :,( I'm currently taking propanolol 10mg twice a day and also mirtazipine 30mg on a night time I have been taking these for the past couple of months and also recently been told my vitamin d levels are low and I'm taking vitamin d, but I'm really scared as to why these palpitations chest pain is so severe it's not hurting me as much it's more like a pulsing pain that's freaking me out and also taking my breath away! Is something bad going to happen? I'm 22 female and I'm really scared iv got the really bad impending doom and u get that when ur gunna have a heart attack :,( over the past 3 months iv had 7 ECG's 1 24 hour ecg, 2 chest x rays, my heart enzymes levels checked, blood pressure etc all there all "perfect" so why do I feel like this? Why can't I accept it's nothing to do with my heart as to why I'm feeling like this? Iv got what feels like a tight band under my breast as well and I'm really scared I have come to get some advice I don't want to end up calling 999 again when it's only my anxiety deep down I know it is but my mind is telling me different sad sad please can someone reassure me thank u in advance and sorry for the long post laura x

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

if you've had all of those checks done, it is your anxiety causing the discomfort. the more you focus on it, the worse it feels. accept that it is there and try to calm yourself down. i know that is easier said than done! deep breathe (in 4, hold 7, exhale 8). progressively tighten and then relax all parts of your body starting at your feet. distract yourself. drink some ice cold water and feel it go down your throat past your heart. create sensations that reassure you all is actually fine. hope you feel better soon.
  • Posted

I get all of that from anxiety. Even feeling like a band is tightening around the top of my left arm. Shooting pains in left finger tips. Pains everywhere. The negative thinking in us, and the fear, make us think it is always something bad. Headache = tumor, Pain = cancer, off balance = stroke, etc. If you have been checked and given a clean bill of health for physical things, I would go for therapy to get coping tools. The negative thinking will only make you do less and less. Change your way of thinking. Good luck!!
  • Posted

Hi.  I know that this is an old post, but I thought I would put this here in case anyone else has the same issue.  Did you have an episode like the one you describe during any of your 24 hour ecgs?  If not, they wouldn't be able to tell whether you have a heart problem or not.  SVT, a type of heart problem that causes random rapid heart beats, has all of the symptoms you are describing and can happen so randomly that you can't find it on those tests.  You need to have an ECG during the event to find it.  Also, the majority of SVT episodes are really awful, but they won't kill you, so try not to worry about that.
  • Posted

Go fill a basin with really warm water and put both hands in palm down. Its a trick to curtail an anxiety attack. Panic attacks can be brutal.
  • Posted

Wow i feel happy I'm not alone like I'm literally feeling everything you are the thing is I'm only 14 but I just worry so much trust me were fine but our minds trick us otherwise

• Posted

I have the same problem, chest pains, arm pain, back, and neck pain. I also have weird beats like they are very strong beats where I can see my shirt move. Literally just had a panic attack 1o minutes ago thinking I was having a heart attack. Even though I'm 16 and very athletic. Since these started though I've quit all my sports, and scared to even run thinking something bad will happen. My doctor said I am so focused on my heart that I have these symptoms all the time, just because they never leave my mind. So with anxiety if you think it, it will be their always. Totally normal though, I do it everyday for 10 months, and haven't had anything bad to happen, so it just anxiety. Anxiety can cause different levles of pain too, so the pain can vary from dull, light, sharp, or even breathtaking. It's just anxiety though, try to make yourself calm down by breathing in and holding it for 10 seconds then let out and repeat 4 times or more. This seems to help me. Also stay away from caffeine, and sugar, it can irritate anxiety and cause even worse symptoms. Hopes this helps, and makes you feel at ease 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.