Serious muscle pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am 15 months post TKR. I was very successful and followed the usual recovery until maybe 3 months ago. now I am very held back by very painful muscles, from the top to the bottom of my leg. not cramps but pain enough to stop me from sleeping. it feels like a deep burning sensation. is this familiar to anyone? it is mostly when I am at rest or sleeping.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am six months after bilateral TKR and about month four I had that pain. The surgeon says that it is from using muscles that have not been active for a long time. I finally got relief from the muscle pain by having massage and suction cupping.

• Posted

Please tell me about the suction cupping Deigh>>>>

• Posted

My physiotherapist does it, but have had it done by naturopaths as well. It is done with a suction cup and the therapist runs it up and down my legs which pulls the ligaments. it is amazing how much it helps and the muscle pain has disappeared. I still have issues with swelling, but that's not pain, where the muscle pain had me in tears

• Posted

I am at day 20 post LTKR and am doing well except for intense burning at my knee cap. It really hurts and I can't figure out whats causing it. I am taking minimal pain meds - 1 a day and gave full range of motion, as I have been working with my pt and doing my exercises. I don't see much on this forum on this problem. HELP!!

• Posted

Sorry..... Yes, I have had those same pains and continue to.....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.