Serious or Costo

Posted , 5 users are following.

hello, i have been experiencing chest pain since the middle of march where i went a and e and was told it was costo. A week after i started experiencing stomach pain and changes in bowel habit. For this i had a stool sample which was fine. since then i am also experiencing neck tightness and swelling and what feels like a lymph node, i have rung my GP about this who just said to call back if it increases or leaks pus. she has also said i could have health anxiety as i have been calling my GP constantly with a new symptom.

basically every day is:

I wake up feeling hot and cold at the same time

after lying down for a few moments thinking im gonna die i experience really bad lower stomach pain which is mostly gone after i poo ( for some reason it is always different and weird with stuff inside it but both times i have had a stool sample my poo comes out fine which is really frustrating)

then throughout the day i just have a uncomfortable feeling in my chest and sometimes my back like a crawling feeling under the skin. i also have this bubbly fizzing feeling in my upper left back and chest.

i also experience muscle spasms mostly abdomen

i also experience really bad pressure in my ears and different types of headaches and numb tingling sensations on the top of the head.

i also just feel like there is something at the back of my throat and it is always dry.

i think i might have health anxiety as every time i experience a new symptom i search it up and it always leads to cancer or a major illness. i get really worried as it feels like my GP does not care.

as well as this is anyone else experiencing strange sensations and chill feeling from the back. and also basically all the pain i experience like muscle or rib bone on the left always hurt when i press down for a few seconds or even minutes but if i touch it later there is no pain.

i would like to know if anyone can relate to this. i am really worried and have been searching a lot and it is always cancer like colon or oral or even lymphoma.

there is probably a lot i have missed out so i would love for people to reply as i have all kinds of pains that only happen rarely and i forget.

also i am experiencing bloating, hotness in belly and reflux but not food just acid at the back of my throat

some of these pains are sharp and some are dull, only my unwell feeling and headache is constant. right now i am sharp burning coming and going pain on my right breast towards the middle

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi! Sorry you have had so many issues. I guess first thing i want to recommend is to stop using the internet to self-diagnose. That can be helpful, but when we get obsessive about it and it creates anxiety, that can make everything worse. We start to notice things that are completely normal or decide we must have something fatal. Thing is, your symptoms could be a lot of things, most not terminal.

You have a lot going on and, i would suspect, more than one issue. Have you had a complete work-up? For example, stool samples can be perfectly fine in some GI problems . Nearly every bit of what you describe could also be from anxiety and worry, so it is best to see someone who will look at all of your symptoms and try to figure out what's going on. It might be helpful to track your symptoms as well so you can give a concrete report to the doctor.

The chest and rib pain could definitely be costo; I've had the same.

• Posted

send me a message with every single symptom you've had or are having.. you sound exactly like me.. seems like health anxiety.. not just symptoms, tell me what you do to for example internet searches etc.. could possibly help each other here

• Posted

hello,

sorry for the long time its taken for me to respond. its just that im trying to stop my internet use but it isnt working cos im constantly searching up symptoms and thinking im going to die.

can you please tell me the tests you have had so far as i have forced my doctor into giving me a full blood check.

• Posted

I've had pretty much every blood test going, ecgs and chest xrays, even had mri on the head and ct scan on the lungs.

• Posted

i have had an ecg at a and e which was clear, ive had several urine tests which are clear. ive only had the main blood test which they do at the hospital which was fine. now i have forced my doctor to have a full blood check to check for defficencys or something like that.

a couple of days ago i was convinced i had cancer and now today i am convinced ive got an underactive thyroid as it runs in the family and cause the pain and tingling.

i really hope i find whats happening to me soon because sometimes when i do something my mind instantly thinks im about to die.

if you already have been checked for thyroid i suggest getting in touch with your doctor again as a lot of the times your thyroid level is fine when its actually not.

also can you tell me how long this has been going on and how it started. if you are not comfortable with telling me it is okay or we can talk privately. i just need some reassurance.

• Posted

my thyroid has been checked 3 times. every time its been clear, hence why its all now down to anxiety, apparently you'll be amazed at what anxiety can cause. doesn't stop us worrying though does it. I've had it all for almost 4 months now and it started a few days after I gave birth to my son - during child birth I was petrified of dying. so I think its stemmed from then.

• Posted

i am quite young and thats why the doctors dont really take most of my symptoms seriously but if i do have anxiety then that just makes it worse. im constantly thinking about some sort of health condition that i have. oh well i hope you feel better soon. ive just eaten and now my stomach is really hot so im gonna go for a walk. thank you for sharing

• Edited

I am very sorry for everything you are dealing with. One of the things that runs through your post repeatedly is anxiety and your continued, almost obsessive concerns about health issues you just obviously don't have. I know that is driven in part by the anxiety re: your pain, but the constant rumination over what symptoms you are seeing on the internet is definitely going to make everything worse.

Are you seeing someone to specifically address that? It doesn't really sound like something you can deal with on your own.

Since you've had so many tests, it's doubtful something serious was missed, but with all of your anxiety and obsession over symptoms, you are right in that the doctor may not take even the obvious symptoms as seriously as they should. Please get some help with that.

• Edited

thank you,

i think you are correct with anxiety being my main cause of symptoms because i am now worried about symptoms that i didnt have before so it is probably my brain playing tricks on me.

if blood test results are fine then i will try to talk to someone who can help. i myself think its anxiety but then sometimes i get bad stomach pains and i go back to thinking im about to die. right now im getting tingling sensations in my head that are causing me to get worried but for the past few days whenever my symptoms feel the worse, i go for a walk or keep myself busy with exercise and so on. it doesnt help with the pain but it keeps my mind of things

anyway thank you so much for your reply and i will try my best to get help after my blood test results

• Posted

I am going through the same thing today. I get a recurrence of what i am assuming is costochondritis at least once a week. could be anxiety because i notice it happens when i get aggravated. But with this coronavirus going on the last few months, of course now I think i could have that. This is crazy

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.