Serious Overheating Problem

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I'm new to this forum and wondered if anyone has had the same problem as me. I've been taking 2.5mg Bendroflumethiazide for 7 years following hospitalisation with a mystery virus which left me with a DVT and PE and afterwards I was found to have high blood pressure.

During this time my blood pressure has been kept in check by a combination of the medication and diet changes. Thankfully I do not take any other medication.

One thing I've noticed since starting these tablets is that I get really overheated and am dripping with sweat on and off throughout the day and night for no reason ( like I've got a faulty thermostat !!!!) I've had various blood tests etc. but GP has found no answers there.

Has anyone else experienced overheating whilst taking this medication?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I think most of blood pressure tablets have this side effect.  I have been taking amlodipine for 3months now very reluctantly but I take them at 6am every morning and by 11am I am dripping with sweat as if I am menipausal again
    • Posted

Thanks for your response margaret53068. At least I know I'm not alone in experiencing this as it's not mentioned in the Patient Data sheet so I was guessing really that the timing was too much of a coincidence.
  • Posted

Possible side effects of bendroflumethiazide: from website drugs dot com

All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:

Blurred vision; dizziness; headache; lightheadedness, especially when sitting up or standing; numbness or tingling of skin.Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bloating; confusion; decrease in amount of urine; drowsiness; gout; inability to keep an erection; muscle pain or cramps; nausea; rapid or irregular heartbeat; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin; restlessness; seizures; severe stomach pain; shortness of breath; sweating; unusual thirst; unusual tiredness or weakness; unusually dry mouth; vomiting.

This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider

• Posted

Many thanks for the info. derek76.

This is a longer list than included on the Patient Data sheet that I have for Bendroflumethiazide. I will certainly raise this with my GP at my appt. next week.

• Posted

I have a slightly similar problem but I'm not on Bendroflumethiazide.

I have taken Losartan for years so did not want to suddenly blame that when it started last October. A ten minute walk on the coldest, foggiest day and I'm sweating. Strangely on warm or hot days it is not nearly as bad.

First time I mentioned it to my GP he was non-committal the next time he said that Losartan can cause it.

I mentioned it to an assistant cardiology registrar who did not offer an explanation. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.